RVGL Localization

News and announcements about RVGL's development.
VaidX47
Administrator

Re: Russian language

Unread post by VaidX47 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:11 pm

MIknight wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:30 pm Hi there! There are enough languages ​​in your game, but I would like it to be Russian as well. This language is also common :roll:
Moved and merged the topic, wasn't correct sub-forum either.
It was previously explained with non-latin languages:
VaidX47 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:58 am Anything with latin characters is up to other people.
Regarding other scripts, including cyrillic, it is currently not possible until there's a separate font file implementation first.
Right now the game reads characters from a single raster texture.
Theoretically you could do it to some extend, but you will have to edit existing font.bmp file and make a "hackjob" by redrawing existing characters and then editing strings accordingly (by still following with latin characters) or replace chars in the file afterwards.
I'm pretty sure that's how most "pirated" (or unofficial) russian game translators do it.
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
celletrix

Unread post by celletrix » Fri May 28, 2021 10:28 pm

MIknight wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:30 pm Hi there! There are enough languages ​​in your game, but I would like it to be Russian as well. This language is also common :roll:
Privet! You can help by picking a text file in the language you know and translating it to Russian.
eako

Re: RVGL Localization

Unread post by eako » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:45 pm

Hello
Do you have any plans to add Korean?
D3nk1

Re-Volt Re: RVGL Localization

Unread post by D3nk1 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:16 am

I may be able to do Japanese, but probably not until Summer break. :re-volt:
Killer Wheels

Minor french translation issue

Unread post by Killer Wheels » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:32 am

For sprint tracks, overall progress is translated "progrès", should be "progression".
Vasa013

Unread post by Vasa013 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:08 pm

Hi, I've just updated Czech strings.

Changes:
  • little changes in translation
  • uppercase characters only in begining of phrases (f.e. Hra Pro Více Hráčů -> Hra pro více hráčů)
  • support for feminine
The only problem that is still here is the superscript dot at the in-game position.

link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ovAztX ... sp=sharing

*Update: I've made some small final changes (Updated: 2022/07/26)
Горячий Павел

Unread post by Горячий Павел » Mon May 08, 2023 10:34 am

VaidX47 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:11 pm
VaidX47 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:58 am Anything with latin characters is up to other people.
Regarding other scripts, including cyrillic, it is currently not possible until there's a separate font file implementation first.
Theoretically you could do it to some extend, but you will have to edit existing font.bmp file and make a "hackjob" by redrawing existing characters and then editing strings accordingly (by still following with latin characters) or replace chars in the file afterwards.
I'm pretty sure that's how most "pirated" (or unofficial) russian game translators do it.
Separate font file? I did, but without diacritics. Is it possible to embed another font texture into the game?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18GliYS ... share_link
Горячий Павел, or Goryachiy Pavel, can just Pavel.
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Wed May 10, 2023 12:18 pm

Горячий Павел wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:34 am
Separate font file? I did, but without diacritics. Is it possible to embed another font texture into the game?
This is almost good enough, thanks for sharing! But there is visible aliasing (the jagged edges) around each character. See below for a comparison:

Can you redo the font with proper antialiasing?
Горячий Павел

Unread post by Горячий Павел » Thu May 11, 2023 7:39 pm

Huki wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:18 pm

This is almost good enough, thanks for sharing! But there is visible aliasing (the jagged edges) around each character. See below for a comparison:

Yes, I'm thinking about how to smooth out the rounded and diagonal edges of the letters. It is possible that you will have to redo it not by the "copy-paste-redraw" method, but using vector graphics.
And here are the questions:
What is the maximum width of the letters in pixels if the texture resolution is 512x512 and 256x256?
Should I add separate diacritics for Cyrillic?
Горячий Павел

Unread post by Горячий Павел » Sat May 13, 2023 8:12 am

Huki wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:18 pm

I redid it. At the same time, I revised some of the letters and redid them too.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Gl2Zd ... share_link
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Fri May 26, 2023 9:29 am

Горячий Павел wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:12 am I redid it. At the same time, I revised some of the letters and redid them too.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Gl2Zd ... share_link
This is much better. :)

Горячий Павел wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:39 pm What is the maximum width of the letters in pixels if the texture resolution is 512x512 and 256x256?
For a 512x512 resolution, each letter must be 16x32 (for the normal font) and 32x32 (for the title font).
Горячий Павел wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:39 pm Should I add separate diacritics for Cyrillic?
You don't need to add diacritics that are already there in the main font.bmp. However, if cyrillic has any additional diacritics, let me know.
Горячий Павел

Unread post by Горячий Павел » Sat May 27, 2023 3:50 am

For a 512x512 resolution, each letter must be 16x32 (for the normal font) and 32x32 (for the title font).
With a width of 16 pixels there is a nuance. I was able to fit the letters "Ж" and "Ш" within these limits.
But with the letters Щ, Ъ, Ы, Ю, Ђ, Љ, Њ, the proportions will be violated.
if it is necessary to comply with the restriction of 16x32, then you may have to greatly distort the letters listed above in order to fit into these limit.
kami

Unread post by kami » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:13 am

i can do arabic if that's possible to implement.
BGM
Developer

Unread post by BGM » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:41 am

kami wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:13 am i can do arabic if that's possible to implement.
That would be nice to have if you could translate the strings to arabic. All the base strings can be found here: https://gitlab.com/re-volt/rvgl-assets/ ... type=heads
zeroX

Unread post by zeroX » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:38 am

Hi guys, the spanish translation have some grammar errors from the original game
In the spanish string file line 331 it says:

¡ENHORABUENA!\n%s PISTAS ESTÁN AHORA\nDISPONIBLES EN MODO INVERTIDO\n(Pulsa ABAJO en el menú de circuitos)\n

But the correct way is

¡ENHORABUENA! LAS PISTAS DE \n%s ESTÁN AHORA\nDISPONIBLES EN MODO INVERTIDO\n(Pulsa ABAJO en el menú de circuitos)\n

Line 332 and 333 has the same error, thanks for the project and have a nice day
agg1401

Unread post by agg1401 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:57 am

There's an artificial language "Arahora Lagu" I created for fun. Would you mind if I translated it for RVGL?
Turkish Re-Volter.

:re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt: