RVGL has been updated to 23.0501a
Visit the topics for the Android version
and the Shader edition
for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack
: rvgl_dcpack.zip updated!
Download the Community Soundtrack
Download the Controller Map
Android app: rvgl_controllermap.apk updated!
More about the update and RVGL: changelog
Full game downloads are available at Re-Volt I/O
The network version has been updated!
Mandatory Disclosure: It's been a while since the last RVGL release, but the project is very much alive and kicking! In the past year we've had two new members join the development team, and they've been doing an amazing job. Please welcome BGM and Vas0sky!
You can now set your own qualification rules for custom championship cups. (#1486
) There is a new entry called "QualifyPos" to set the minimum finish position to qualify per race (1-16, defaults to 3).
Furthermore, it is now possible to edit stock cups and cheat your way towards victory. For stock cups, there is a new entry "UnlockPos" to set the minimum overall podium position to unlock the next cup (1-3, defaults to 1). Do note however that edited stock cups show up as (CHT) at the cup selection screen.
For more information on these options, check the documentation
Dynamic Rear View
When pressing the Look Back button, the behavior of the rearview camera has improved. Instead of always using the attached rearview camera, the rearview complements the currently active forward view. The feature is however disabled by default
, and needs to be enabled through your profile.ini
. There is a new profile.ini
option called "RearViewType", which can be 0 (dynamic rearview) or 1 (classic rearview), with 1 being the default option.
- DRINKME cheat is now supported in multiplayer. The cheat can be enabled or disabled by the host.
- The host IP can now be specified with an optional server port. (eg., 192.168.1.4:6666 or b.rv.gl:4444). This way, clients do not need to use the "-serverport" launch parameter to specify the server port.
- Cars have collisions enabled at the start grid and no longer appear ghosting (prevents objects like tumbleweed getting struck within the car's body).
This release addresses various desync and teleportation issues and should provide an overall more stable multiplayer experience. Specifically we tried to address the following issues:
- Teleportation and desync of objects like traffic cones and tumbleweeds. (#1531)
- Desync issues with pickups (#1537) and firework targets not working. (#1515)
- Train and sliding door objects are now kept in sync for all players. (#1532)
- Use the launch parameter "-largereplays" to enable saving of large replays (up to 1GB).
- Firing of the star weapon (global pulse) is now stored in the replay.
- DRINKME cheat is now handled correctly in saved replay files.
When using the TVTIME cheat code, -tvtime
launch parameter, or DEV mode, you have new shortcut keys abailable:
- Right Ctrl + F11: Cycle through "follow" cameras.
- Right Shift + F11: Cycle through "attached" cameras.
- Left Shift + F7: Hide the race results screen.
- The behavior of reposition triggers in Stunt Arenas has improved. If a Stunt Arena track provides AI Nodes, the game can now use them for triggered repositioning instead of resetting the car all the way back to the start grid. Manual reposition works the same way as before.
- The maximum size of the Water Box object has been increased to 20000 units on each side, consistent with other box type objects.
- Track Zones now properly support low-CoM cars. (#1549)
- This release includes fixed collision data for Toy World 2.
- Fixed a broken shadow box in Toys in the Hood 2.
- The Market sliding door has a fix to enable shininess over the glass surface.
- DC Pack: Bossvolt has an updated body mesh with proper underside mapping.
- Updated shaders with better handling of fog and shininess.
- Several language files have received corrections.
- Windows XP support has been restored.
- Fixed issues launching the game on newer GNU/Linux distros. (#1556)
- Fixed reflections not working in areas that contain overlapping mirror planes (*.rim).
- Fixed cases where oil slick dropped just in front of a fastly moving car does not affect the car's wheels. (#1535) NOTE: There is still a similar situation where oil does not affect the car's wheel when driving in reverse. This is a known issue.
► Show changelog of this version
| Pumped network version.
- Cups: Added new entries for cup files. "QualifyPos" - the minimum finish
position to qualify per race (1-16), and "UnlockPos" - the minimum overall
podium position to unlock the next cup (1-3).
- New keyboard commands are available in TVTIME mode: Right Ctrl + F11 and
Right Shift + F11 to cycle through available cameras, and Left Shift + F7
to hide race results.
- New rearview behavior: Added new rearview cameras that complement each
forward camera. There is a new profile.ini option "RearViewType" to
configure the rearview behavior when pressing the "look-back" button.
0 (auto): Switch to a rearview that matches the current forward view.
1 (fixed): Always use the DC style hood rearview (the default option).
- Better reposition triggers for Stunt Arena: If a Stunt Arena track provides
AI Nodes, the game now uses them for triggered repositions, instead of
resetting the car all the way back to the start grid.
- New command line "-largereplays" to enable large replays up to 1GB, with a
dynamically expanding replay buffer size.
- The DRINKME cheat is now supported online. The cheat code can be enabled or
disabled by the host in a multiplayer session. Further, replays saved with
the cheat enabled now play back properly.
- The host IP can now be specified with an optional server port. (eg.,
192.168.1.4:6666 or b.rv.gl:4444). This way, clients do not need to use the
"-serverport" command line to specify the server port.
- The "-register" command line now takes an optional path to the executable
that must be registered for lobby launching (Discord rich presence).
- Cups: Stock cup data is now read from file. Modifications to stock cup data
marks the cup as (CHT) at the cup selection screen.
- Upgraded SDL to 2.0.20 (Windows, Android and macOS).
- Android: The app now targets API 31 (Android 12).
- Replay: Global pulses (star weapon) are now stored in the replay.
- Editor: Increased the maximum size of waterbox to 20000 units.
- Updated assets: Includes fixed collision data for Toy World 2.
- DC Pack: Updated Bossvolt body mesh with proper underside mapping.
- Updated several language files with corrections.
- Updated credits.
- Android: Allow fully hiding the pause button overlay.
- Linux: Added support for FLAC 1.4 and above (libFLAC.so.12).
- Android: Updated the Controller Map configuration app.
- Updated the SDL GameController mapping database.
- Minor improvements to lag management and remote object interpolation.
- Allow car collisions at the start grid before countdown ends. This prevents
tumbleweeds from going through ghosts and getting stuck inside cars.
- Track Zone hit tests now properly support low-CoM cars.
- Editor: Fixed a bug in modern editor that can cause a wrong link count to
be saved to the *.fan file.
- Linux: Fixed a library detection bug in the 'rvgl' launch script.
- Restored support for Windows XP.
- Fixed missing shininess over the sliding door glass in Market 2.
- Fixed broken shadow box in Toys in the Hood 2.
- Fixed broken reflections caused by overlapping mirrors.
- Fixed glitch during fullscreen toggle in some versions of SDL.
- Fixed glitch in mirrors and vertical fog in the legacy renderer.
- Shaders: Fixed glitches in fog clamping and object shininess.
- Shaders: Fixed reflections and fog for additive blended meshes.
- Shaders: Shininess is now affected by lights.
- Fixed cases where oil slick dropped just in front of a fastly moving car
does not affect the car's wheels.
- Fixed various desync and teleportation issues in objects like traffic cones
- Fixed potential desync issues with pickups and firework targets.
- Train, sliding door and boat animations now start in sync for all players.
- Ensure that the behavior of wind remains in sync for all players.
- Fixed stuttering during very slight rotation of remote cars.