RV Soundtrack Project

Post about the progress of your projects.
Wichilie

Re: RV Soundtrack Project

Unread post by Wichilie » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 pm

I've been working on my first track. Here's a demo: click me!

I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out ^^. It doesn't replace a specific track from the original collection. The full track will (probably) have longer parts of the snippets you heard with some variation.

Any tips or advice is appreciated!
The Man

Unread post by The Man » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:49 pm

Wichilie wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:37 pm Any tips or advice is appreciated!
After that part you could introduce the (D'nB/dubstep) bass element, that could have the same kind of crescendo curve as the pad chord (and maybe some reverb). Also the highest frequence peaks a little bit so filter it a little bit if you can.
With that added do what you said: shuffle the elements you've created.
Last edited by The Man on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kirioso

Unread post by Kirioso » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:47 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/969y6f818byyu ... e.ogg?dl=0

After a few hours of tugging my hair out while working on the bassline, I have here a presentable WIP of my replacement for "track 03"

There are numerous problems with it still, everything from the mix to the progression is wonky imo.

But all that aside I'd like to hear what others think, cause I might be wrong!
Dead artist

Unread post by Dead artist » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:45 am

removed link
removed link
enjoy
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:32 am

Dead artist wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:45 am removed link
removed link
enjoy
Whoah, these are amazing! Could you send them over to me in higher quality or flac?
Dead artist

Unread post by Dead artist » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:30 am

removed link
removed link
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Dead artist wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:30 am removed link
removed link
Apparently, the two tracks are Africa and Jace Manijace by Dino Dvornik. We're only looking for tracks made by the community, not someone who died in 2008. So we can't use them in our project, until you can prove that you're Dino Dvornik.

I updated the pack with all new tracks (see first post)
https://files.re-volt.io/projects/ost/r ... 05-1417.7z

I've been working on my own track and it's slowly evolving into something listenable: https://files.re-volt.io/projects/ost/o3-004.ogg
Some parts still need to be figured out and currently serve as a placeholder.
Feedback is much appreciated! This is the first proper track I'm working on :)
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:10 am

The game downloads now include the soundtrack! Back in the Backyard is currently in the music folder and can be used by any custom track.
URV
Administrator

Unread post by URV » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:28 pm

I'd like to encourage the continuation of submitting new soundtracks, this time for the I/O custom music pack. Unused redbook music, such as Back in the Backyard, can instead be assigned to specific custom tracks that are part of the I/O collection. Sakura, for example, is in dire need of a soundtrack inspired by traditional Japanese music, in the same vein that Voltspirit for Ghost Town is inspired by spaghetti western music.

I could continue searching for royalty-free music such as Waterflame's, but I absolutely love what you guys have done so far and how well you nailed that original Re-Volt soundtrack feel. If you have any more interest in continuing, please, keep at it!
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:42 pm

Definitely! I'll put all tracks into the music folder for use with custom tracks! This is what the OST project is meant for as well!
Floxit

Unread post by Floxit » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:25 pm

I updated and integrated your great compositions in my stream (beginning and ending) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lwpb12TY2I . Of course, I credit you if possible directly on the screen while we listen your music (I use them for the overture and the ending of the screen), but I'll also credit you directly in the video description on Youtube.

I've only a concern about the general level of the musics. Some musics feel more loudy, others too weak. By example, the level of "Free flowing" is higher, and "Voltspirit" looks lower in-game. But when I listen the OST off game, the level of Voltspirit looks decent... Otherwise, I really enjoy them, it gives a real fresh new feeling in the game, and I'm glad to share it while we play online by streaming.

So, if you have a dedicated website or a channel with your albums (also if you compose and sell them), feel free to share it to me, so I'll link them in the video description. The same thing about donations, if you accept them and if you have Paypal or another website, I could add this for the people who enjoy your musics.

Actually, it should be great to add the collective album of the OST on a website like Bandcamp, where the people can download them freely (also in flac format) but they can also freely donate money to thank them. I also think it could motivate the compositors to make more musics for the customs and more (or improve them with more expensive tools and addons).

By extension, when I see all the great job made on the new tracks, I think also a tip link for our I/O creators should be great, even if they don't ask it because this is also the open-source spirit.
The last belgian standing and pushing on Re-Volt. :hausderp:
The Man

Unread post by The Man » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:30 pm

URV wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:28 pm I'd like to encourage the continuation of submitting new soundtracks -- Sakura for example, is in dire need of a soundtrack
:victhonk: :victhonk: :victhonk:
I noticed Sakura had some kind of Japanese style track playing on it in Floxit's recent youtube video so maybe it's ready?.. :tubers:

It would be nice to know if some specific tracks lack music..
It's just too funny project to miss!
Last edited by The Man on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 20 times in total.
URV
Administrator

Unread post by URV » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Nope, that song has been there for a while, but I intend to replace it nonetheless. Your song sounds good, but my main concern with it is that it might not fit in. It sounds very cheerful, if not cartoonish—the type of song that would be great in Mario Kart or Crash Bandicoot, but might not work quite as well in Re-Volt (Toy World and cartoonish tracks aside). It also reminds me of this a little. However, that's just my personal impression; if others agree it's a good replacement, I'd be glad to make use of it. In any case, good work, and thank you!

Here are a some more tracks that could use new music:
  • Cliffside (something inspired by surf music?)
  • Grisville (something inspired by hip-hop music?)
  • Helios (something inspired by cinematic or ancient Greek music?)
  • Industry (something inspired by punk rock or hip-hop music?)
  • Molten Caverns
  • Overground
  • PetroVolt
  • Quake!
  • Re-Ville
  • Santorini (something inspired by traditional Greek music?)
  • Skating Toys (something inspired by rock or hip-hop music?)
  • The Bunker
  • The Felling Yard
  • Venice (something inspired by traditional Italian/Venetian music?)
  • YABBA DABBA DOO! (something with the Flintstones theme in it?)
Everything without an idea in brackets could probably work just fine with classic Re-Volt style music, or even just the new soundtrack that we already have. Thus, I think the tracks that could use thematic music are the most important.
The Man

Unread post by The Man » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 pm

Floxit wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:25 pm I've only a concern about the general level of the musics. Some musics feel more loudy, others too weak.
I applied Limiter to the tracks but they're still a bit more quiet than the others'. I'll look into it.
Last edited by The Man on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:40 pm

I'll get to it at some point! just wanted to give you a sign of life, kinda busy at the moment
Nomiborb

Unread post by Nomiborb » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:50 am

Hi, I'm back, sorry for the wait but I do have something resembling a finished track! https://drive.google.com/open?id=16tMK8 ... ZrvJuwcN5z
Based off track 2 from my previews. I have worked on the others too but they turned into something that doesn't fit the theme as much. Not sure which one it would fit though, haha.
Any feedback would be appreciated
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:52 am

Whoah, I'm really glad you picked my favorite concept! The track is amazing! What do you guys think about using it for the main menu? Or is there any other track it should replace? I'll include it in the pack anyway so it can be used for custom tracks :)
Vogelrok

Unread post by Vogelrok » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:09 pm

empty
Last edited by Vogelrok on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nomiborb

Unread post by Nomiborb » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Oh er I forgot to give the one I uploaded a name, and I'm not good with names so you can come up with something
Pyves

Unread post by Pyves » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:45 pm

Just listened to the two contenders for Track03. Both are really awesome, good job! However, I must admit that I have a slight preference for Active Groove by ZetaSphere. ;)

Nomiborb, your latest track is enjoyable as well!
The Man

Unread post by The Man » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:33 am

Nomiborb wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:50 am Any feedback would be appreciated
I listened to it. It's a cool track, and definitely a menu music hit. I'd lower the bass drum tone, which now is set to an unique pitch though. I'd still lower the pitch, but no harm done, should the current pitch stay. I like naming challenges. How about Garage Overture :re-volt: :magikjoy: :re-volt:

It's an unbalanced vote, since the current nominee is followed by tracks13-15 .
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:04 am

URV wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:13 pm
Here are a some more tracks that could use new music:
  • Cliffside (something inspired by surf music?)
  • Grisville (something inspired by hip-hop music?)
  • Helios (something inspired by cinematic or ancient Greek music?)
  • Industry (something inspired by punk rock or hip-hop music?)
  • Molten Caverns
  • Overground
  • PetroVolt
  • Quake!
  • Re-Ville
  • Santorini (something inspired by traditional Greek music?)
  • Skating Toys (something inspired by rock or hip-hop music?)
  • The Bunker
  • The Felling Yard
  • Venice (something inspired by traditional Italian/Venetian music?)
  • YABBA DABBA DOO! (something with the Flintstones theme in it?)
I think most of these tracks are redbook music. The last one, is pretty easy to figure out:
GRAND DAD!
MAD
MIX
of MANY
The Man

Unread post by The Man » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:34 pm

re-volt i/o songs in lossless 32bit wav and mp3
the password is still revolt
So what I did: I figured out that increasing the bit depth from 24 to 32 will increase both the quality and the file size.
This time they're big...
Then I also finished the custom track songs. Can't do more this year... Let's see if they'll fit into the category.

Happy Holidays!

[EDIT] songs converted to .mp3 have got pretty much the same audio level as the
.ogg files in the community soundtrack zip. If you're going to use the songs directly in the game, you should use the those then.
I included a series of note files to connect the custom tracks with the songs
Last edited by The Man on Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
krobelit

Unread post by krobelit » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:51 pm

Is this still going? I was thinking of making a track for Grisville...
Mareake

Unread post by Mareake » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:51 am

Are you using any sound editor for the sound track you do? Just like audacity? I have been using this before but now it's not working on my computer, even if I refresh my computer. I try to find on audacity guides but nothing works at all.