Honk SFX should keep distance in mind at all times

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
URV
Administrator

Honk SFX should keep distance in mind at all times

Unread post by URV » Sat May 09, 2020 8:08 pm

My entry for Haus-All-Goes has a honk file that's a minute long. It's really fun to mess with everyone like this, because once I honk near them, they'll hear the entirety of the sound effect at the same volume, no matter how far away they get from me. Good stuff.

That said, as fun as it is, the honk sound should probably act like the engine sound and fade away if the other player gets away from the source. This also applies to the servo sound if it can be abused the same way as this.

If needed for testing, my car can be obtained from here.
URV
Administrator

Re: Honk SFX should keep distance in mind at all times

Unread post by URV » Sun May 10, 2020 5:23 pm

Update: While we're at it, maybe the way that honk sounds are amplified when pressed before the race begins could be tweaked too. :grimacing:
hajducsekb

Unread post by hajducsekb » Tue May 12, 2020 8:50 pm

I think it's perfect as it is.
HAJDUC DOT COM

Unread post by 607 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:08 pm

That's amazing. :D
But honestly, it would probably be good if at least the second suggestion was implemented. It's etiquette to not use the horn before the race starts, but sometimes someone does spam it and in such a case it really is unpleasantly loud.
ciccio

Unread post by ciccio » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:41 pm

About the honk being louder if used before the race start I think it's because the game doesn't send any packets before the "GO!", and when the race starts all the honk packets gets sent at the same time, making it loud like someone is honking 50 times at once. About the honk not fading away I agree that it should be like the engine sound and fade away while being played (allows for some cool distortions like the ambulance sirens irl)