Changing the position of the touch buttons (Android)?

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
revolt_fan1

Changing the position of the touch buttons (Android)?

Unread post by revolt_fan1 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:28 am

Thanks to all the people running the RVGL project. I was amazed at how well the Android version of the game was running.

I have a question regarding the touch controls on Android. Is it possible to change the position of the buttons? I can't find an option within the game for this, but in the profile.ini file there are several parameters that seem to be related to this, such as:
  • KeyLeft = 0x0000005c
    KeyRight = 0x0000005e
    KeyFwd = 0x00000060
    KeyBack = 0x0000005d
    KeyFire = 0x00000062
    KeyReset = 0x0000005f
    KeyReposition = 0x00000057
Can you edit these to change their positions on the screen? Their default values make little sense to me. I thought they would be coordinates on the screen or something, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The reason I'm wondering about this is that I have an ROG Phone with special shoulder button on the side of the phone, that are great for racing games with steering right and left, but the acceleration button is really awkwardly placed on the screen when using the shoulder buttons on the phone for steering.

Hope someone can help me out here. :)
VaidX47
Administrator

Re: Changing the position of the touch buttons (Android)?

Unread post by VaidX47 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:42 am

Regarding profile.ini, those are input codes for physical key mapping. The game was build from the PC version and it retains keyboard/gamepad functionality (yes, it can be played with either USB or Bluetooth keyboard on Android too), hence most of default internal configuration is shared across all RVGL versions.

I'm sure virtual button position was suggested previously. Moved the topic to suggestions.
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<