Saving stock and custom cups menu option

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
AMB1976

Saving stock and custom cups menu option

Unread post by AMB1976 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:06 am

Good morning, as I wrote in RVGL setup section, i think it would be a good thing to save custom cups in order to finish the championship another day...even in stock cup menu there is no way to save cups, after all if i want to make my cup with 14 stages it takes a lot of time to get to the end...is there a possibility to introduce this option in stock and custom cups menu in the next RVGL release?
Thanks
VaidX47
Administrator

Re: Saving stock and custom cups menu option

Unread post by VaidX47 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:31 pm

I didn't understand at first, so I'm rephrasing.
Basically a suggestion to be able to suspend an ongoing cup, so you could continue from where you left off next time you open the game from the championship mode menu.

Obviously, it should be implemented in a way that you couldn't cheat (only allow to save/suspend after the standings, not at the pause menu; and remove the saved state when you start it again, so there would be no chance to try again, or rather keep the saved state, but take away one give up try).

...but I've realized it would still be possible to cheat, as long as you know how and where the game would keep the progress; copy-pasta and voila, infinite tries. We would need to have a system where the game would know that the file can only be used once.
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
AMB1976

Unread post by AMB1976 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:00 am

Thanks for your answer...
Surely I don't want to save cups in order to cheat...As you said, the only place in the menu to put this option in is after the standings, in order to avoid cheats and to keep progress even of failures (when i arrive in the 4th/5th position and so for example I have one try left...so it would be good to save progress and failures, too so I can restart another session of the game with that try left in that particular championship...the right implemention to me is in the menu after the standings, near the replay savings...please tell me if I'm wrong...my english is a little rusted 30 years after school... I'm from Italy
Have a good day
AMB1976

Unread post by AMB1976 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:58 am

Hi, to sum up my suggestions to Huki and to the community, I'll put my two questions here:

1) - Is there a possibility to save stock and/or custom cups (maybe in the menu after the standings near the replay saving option)?

2) - Is there a way to make an option to bypass try attemps in order to go on and complete all stages ? (for example, I'd like to
continue my cup and finish it even if i stand in the last position on every single stage, just to see the cup final ranking after the
final stage standings...)

Thanks to all...
Avecezar

Unread post by Avecezar » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:10 pm

I'm looking forward to this idea, because I would like to have an option to pause time consuming cups; thinking of endurance cups with 50 or more laps for example.
SDeG
AMB1976

Unread post by AMB1976 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:21 am

Avecezar wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:10 pm I'm looking forward to this idea, because I would like to have an option to pause time consuming cups; thinking of endurance cups with 50 or more laps for example.
Yes endurance cups would be good...anyway I think that the fact of saving cups and going on them despite my race standings like real leagues is good enough to manage the championship and have fun finishing all stages and also looking at the final ranking...
I know this suggestions may be very difficult to implement, I'm not an expert...I hope Huki will find the way.
Thanks to all...