Gamepad vibration

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
7wells

Gamepad vibration

Unread post by 7wells » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:12 am

Dear Huki and other devs/ contributors, I have some questions about gamepad vibration (not force feedback, which is something different):
  1. Does the code check the gamepads' energy and stop using vibration under a certain energy threshold, so the users can play further (without vibration) before they need to exchange the batteries? Or will vibration just wear off the batteries until they are empty?
  2. There are tracks (e.g. Best Milk Farm, which we really love) with a consistently rough ground, thus the gamepads constantly rumble. While I understand that some kind of vibration in sync with rough spots of a track is wanted, I wonder if there could be a solution to have vibrations paused when almost all parts of a track are rough? Else, one has to toggle vibration on/off every time when selecting a non-rough/rough track. ;)
  3. When hitting other cars or obstacles (like walls), there is no vibration. Is this intended, maybe to save batteries? I would understand it well, but wonder if maybe vibration could be fired at least when colliding very hard. The same goes for being hit by a missile, being blown up by the bomb, or even when landing after a fall from a certain height.
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts on this and for your continuing updates of this great game! :heart: