custom classes

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
FK 02

custom classes

Unread post by FK 02 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:11 pm

Hey, I have a suggestion about custom classes in Re-Volt.

My suggestion is that you can create custom classes like Rookie, Amateur, Advanced etc., for example you can create a clockwork class for the clockworks made by RV_Passion.
Than you can drive only with all Clockworks cars them self.

This could be solved like this:
Add to the already existing classes (0=Rookie, 1=Amateur, 2=Advanced, 3=Semi Pro, 4=Pro, 5=Super Pro)
6 - 10 additional classes like this:
6=FREE PLACE
7=FREE PLACE
8=FREE PLACE
9=FREE PLACE
10=FREE PLACE
that you can set free for your own pack. You can choose names in the car property file or in the string file (It's easier). (This is may only interesting for pack creators).
Ntc4

Re: custom classes

Unread post by Ntc4 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:08 am

I think it would work better if the classes were string variables instead of integer variables. Then you could enter any value you want in parameters.txt, select your car ingame and the game client would iterate through every vehicle in the cars folder to find other vehicles with that class listed in parameters.txt. Also the client would be able to use the the value you entered as the class name in the car menu instead of having an numbered list in the main code.
Горячий Павел

Re: custom classes

Unread post by Горячий Павел » Sat May 13, 2023 8:30 am

Is it necessary to use numerical values for additional classes? And what if we also apply the names of the custom classes. Then in the game the order of classes should be:
Rookie
Amateur
Advanced
Semi-Pro
Pro
Super-pro.
Further in alphabetical order.
Горячий Павел, or Goryachiy Pavel, can just Pavel.