LE(t's)GO

Post about the progress of your projects.
Ced!

Re-Volt LE(t's)GO

Unread post by Ced! » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:10 pm

I will make a cup: LE(t's)GO with tracks of my creation.
I will only use the Track Editor for this and MAKEITGOOD.
It will be composed of 4 races of increasing difficulty (easy, medium, hard and extreme) which can only be unlocked, in solo mode, when the cup will be won.
So I'm creating this thread in the hope of getting some help with the difficulties I'm having.

First Track : Gardening Paradise.

Almost finished, I have two difficulties :

The texture of the faucet and the back of the automatic watering is the same as that of the ground.
It seems that I cannot modify their texture without changing part of that of the ground.
You confirm ?

The second problem concerns the file "properties.txt.
None of the changes I make have any effects in the game (apart from the gravity that I was able to modify successfully for my second track : Space Opera). I conclude that I use it badly!
What i would like to get :
As the race takes place on wet grass, I would like to have a feeling of heavy driving with slight skidding in the turns.
what I do :
I select the ID 12 : Grass and I modify the properties "roughness, grid and hardness",
but nothing changes in the game.

Does anyone have a solution ?

Thanks in advance.
Ced!

Re: LE(t's)GO

Unread post by Ced! » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:28 am

Ced! wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:10 pm It will be composed of 4 races of increasing difficulty (easy, medium, hard and extreme) which can only be unlocked, in solo mode, when the cup will be won.
Is it possible to do this ?
I'm not sure I translate/understand this sentence from RVGL Documentation correctly :

"The default OBTAIN behavior for custom tracks is to unlock the track and all its variants immediately. For stock tracks, the standard unlockability rules apply. Rest of the options are documented below.

Unlock by winning Championship in the appropriate tier."
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:38 pm

Lots of views :) but no replies ;)
This is the raceline of the first track waiting for your response :

Unread post by 607 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:35 pm

I'm sorry that you aren't getting the help you need... maybe you'd get it more quickly on one of the Re-Volt Discord servers. I think this forum (like most forums nowadays) isn't too popular.
Does your raceline actually use the grass property?
Cool to hear that you're using the gravity feature. :)
I'm looking forward to seeing the tracks released. I don't care about custom games or cups myself, though.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:32 pm

Hello Ced,

I will try to answer your questions as good I am able to.

1) Issue with sprinkler texturing
You need Blender to solve this issue.

a) You have to import the models one by one (sphose.m for the faucert/hose, spbase.m for the sprinkler base, and sphead.m for the moving sprinkler head) which you can find in the /models directory of your installation.
b) In Blender you can see that the faucet as well the base/head are using the texture page 4 (e), and the hose is using texture page 3 (d). You have to map these polygons to a new texture page. For example page 8 (i). You can also use an existing texture page, with an unused area.
c) After you re-mapped the models, you have to export the 3 files to your tracks /custom directory. Now the models should not use the standard texture pages anymore, when you place them with the MIG objects mode.

2) Issue with custom surface properties
I would suggest you to have a closer look how existing tracks are using the properties.txt file. Or you can try to download my "Rain Pack for track makers" on Re-Volt World (Link), which you can use as a base. The included properties.txt is shrinked down as good as possible, and it should be easy to read. Have a look at the MATERIAL 15 and MATERIAL 21 in this file. My guess is, that you maybe have formatted the code inside the file wrong. Be careful with the { and } signs, and place them exactly like in my example properties.txt. Then everything should work.

And yes, as 607 said already: If you have not changed the NCP files of your track by using Blender, then the parts will use the standard Lego surface properties, which means you have to adjust these materials accordingly, and not the ID 12 (Grass) ones. I would import your tracks NCP file, and double-check which surface types will be used.

3) Issue with OBTAIN method
If I understand it correctly, you want that your tracks will be locked, until your cup will be won. It's not possible to achieve this. The OBTAIN methods only works for the standard cups, I am quite sure. So my personal opinion is that you should not use OBTAIN for your tracks, as it make not much sense to get them unlocked by one of the standard cups.

Hope this helps.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask, and I will try to help.
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:13 pm

Ok, Thank you for your help 607 & Kiwi :!:

For Issue with sprinkler texturing, I need Blender, and for custom surface properties too.
This will be the work on my next project.
I didn't understand how to link Blender and Re-volt, but your explanations are very clear Kiwi.
I have never used this software, but now I know where to start. ;)

I will continue this project for the moment with the same guideline: Use only the Lego Track Editor and the MAKEITGOOD Keyword (with some PRM of the original RV tracks).
I'll be careful not to make the same texture mistakes with my following tracks.

I will soon post screenshots of my second race: Space Opera.

Thanks again :)

Unread post by 607 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:22 pm

Ced! wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:13 pm Ok, Thank you for your help 607 & Kiwi :!:

For Issue with sprinkler texturing, I need Blender, and for custom surface properties too.
This will be the work on my next project.
I didn't understand how to link Blender and Re-volt, but your explanations are very clear Kiwi.
I have never used this software, but now I know where to start. ;)

I will continue this project for the moment with the same guideline: Use only the Lego Track Editor and the MAKEITGOOD Keyword (with some PRM of the original RV tracks).
I'll be careful not to make the same texture mistakes with my following tracks.

I will soon post screenshots of my second race: Space Opera.

Thanks again :)
Well, you could still use a custom surface property without using Blender, you just need to change the right one in properties.txt (material 0, I'm pretty sure).
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:22 am

kiwi wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:32 pm .../...If you have not changed the NCP files of your track by using Blender, then the parts will use the standard Lego surface properties, which means you have to adjust these materials accordingly, and not the ID 12 (Grass) ones. I would import your tracks NCP file, and double-check which surface types will be used.
I must change the NCP files in fact by importing it. That's what I understood...
but it is true that I do not remember having tried to change the right one in properties.txt (material 0). I will test this...
Thanks again.
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:13 pm

[/quote]
Well, you could still use a custom surface property without using Blender, you just need to change the right one in properties.txt (material 0, I'm pretty sure).
[/quote]
You did well to insist: it works!
My first track is now finished, thank you for everything.
And the second track is almost finished as well. I work on textures... ;)
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:36 pm

LE(t's)GO is now an abandoned project.
I learned a lot doing these tracks (two are finished, but not presentable, and another half).
And each time I understood something new, I went back to try to improve my already completed tracks.
And since some of these things were not thought out in advance, the result was not satisfying.
So I'm currently working on a brand new track which will soon be presented.
I keep this thread active because I think I will need advice soon.
(and I'm not giving up on the basic idea of this cup).
;)
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:27 pm

Pose Nodes.
I don't understand the principle.
I know how to place them technically but I don't understand where to put them wisely. Is there a trick?
rodik

Unread post by rodik » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:21 pm

Hello Ced! I think I could help you with something. Pos Nodes is the main racing line. Correct me if I'm speaking incorrectly. Read about it in the Pos Nodes tutorial: https://re-volt.gitlab.io/content-tutorial/(I'm sorry, I can't open Pos Nodes tutorial for you, because Github doesn't work in Russia, but I think you'll figure it out.) or DM me in Discord if you need more help ;)
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:31 am

Thank you for taking the time to respond, Rodik.
if I don't go on discord it's:
- that I don't understand anything about this thing
- that I don't speak English without the help of translators !

I already knew the link you gave me. It was a great help to me, as well as the documentation on RVGL from the same site.

Again, I know how to place pos nodes.
What I don't understand is (quote) : "Better use a lot of POS Nodes because sometimes it’s more useful and revolt will give more and better infos. Each POS Node should be very near to the next."
If i do this it changes the distance of the track as i am not very precise.
Is there a method that I don't know or is it always more or less precise?

thanks in advance
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:02 am

Ced! wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:36 pm So I'm currently working on a brand new track which will soon be presented
here it is : https://www.revoltworld.net/dl/robots/
the result of all these questions. ;)
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:55 am

HELP!

I just released a new track on the revolt world site called The Tree : https://www.revoltworld.net/dl/the-tree/
A member, flyboy, reported me a bad repositioning bug (I copy here the excerpt from his comment) :
".../... also if you go straight in the tunnel, you won’t have any option to get back to the race line, however if you reset there you will teleport right on top…"
I first thought of this topic that I had read here : viewtopic.php?t=1568
but it doesn't seem like that. And I redid the track zones of this part by adding some and being more precise but with the same result.
Can someone tell me where is the error ?
That would be very nice!
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:16 am

And here is a cup with 5 brand new tracks that I created with the Keyran's Rally PRM Set.
It's not my LE('ts)GO cup yet, but maybe soon...
https://www.revoltworld.net/dl/thru-the-sylve-the-cup/
https://www.revoltworld.net/dl/thru-the ... he-tracks/
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:58 am

Re-Volt Abduction,
my brand new cup with three original tracks can be downloaded here:
https://www.revoltworld.net/dl/re-volt-abduction/
https://www.revoltworld.net/dl/re-volt-abduction-cup/

Although I'm currently moving in a different direction, I'm not giving up on the idea of creating LE(t's)Go one day.
Some of the ideas developed in this initial project have now taken on a new form:
The racing line from "Gardening Paradise" was used to create my second track, "The Tree".
And Space Opera became a (non-functioning) track in Re-Volt World's Birthday Contest 2023 project:
https://www.revoltworld.net/dl/bc23pack/
ending with the second track of Re-volt Abduction: Race for the Aliens