Game doesnt launch

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
gabriel-pinheiro

Game doesnt launch

Unread post by gabriel-pinheiro » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:46 pm

Hello, I installed the game and could never play. I installed all the packages and then installed the game with the rvgl_launcher.py. When I try to launch the game that should be installed and up to date that happens:

Launching game...
Running command ("/home/pinheiro/.local/share/rvmm/packs/rvgl_linux/rvgl" -basepath "/home/pinheiro/.local/share/rvmm" -prefpath "/home/pinheiro/.local/share/rvmm/save" -packlist "default" ).
Game closed.

I use Pop! OS 22.04
hajducsekb

Re: Game doesnt launch

Unread post by hajducsekb » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:26 am

Have you installed the packages from this list?
HAJDUC DOT COM
jabarlee

Unread post by jabarlee » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:42 pm

Same thing here. I went through the installation of the game using the launcher, without any problems. Before that I installed/ updated all the needed files.
When trying to actually launch the game, nothing happens on screen and I have the same logfile as the user above

Thanx in advance for any help
pintassilgo

Unread post by pintassilgo » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:39 pm

I played RVGL yesterday, but today the game suddenly doesn't launch.

Launcher console shows nothing. Running the same command I see in Launcher from terminal, this is what I get:

"./rvgl.64: error while loading shared libraries: libunistring.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

There's a rvgl.64 file, but libunistring.so.2 is in ./lib/lib64. If I copy it to the same folder as rvgl, then I get

"Error loading libFLAC.so.8: libFLAC.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

The distro I use, openSUSE Tumbleweed, uses libFLAC.so.12.0.0.

I play RVGL almost everyday and played it fine yesterday. I haven't done anything since then except for the daily regular update of installed packages.
pintassilgo

Unread post by pintassilgo » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:32 pm

I'm not sure about what I'll say, but it looks like the required libunistring.so.2 (which is bundled in RVGL, but yet it's failing to load) and libFLAC.so.8 are both outdated.

Official repos from my OS provide only libunistring.so.5 and libFLAC.so.12. So maybe RVGL should also bundle libFLAC8 or, maybe better, support newest version.

I managed to launch RVGL and play, but I needed to move libunistring.so.2 file as explained in previous comment and also to install libFLAC8 from an extra repository, since only libFLAC12 is available in default ones.
Ced!

Unread post by Ced! » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:24 am

On Ubuntu, I use Wine to launch the game, This is the simplest solution I've found.
I know it would be better if it ran directly on linux, but it's still complicated I find.