Suggestions

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
jcrist23

Suggestions

Unread post by jcrist23 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:54 am

Suggestions:

1. ability to store hud and all its details in replays via
-replayhud command, now i think the replays will weight a tidy bit more but now you can see more accurate info about pickups,
player distance etc

2. ability to use multiplayercpu of any class u choose (u put this in properties/ launcher launch command)

for example:
-cpuai 1 all ai are rookie
-cpuai 2 all ai are amateur

3. ability to change path of saved replays and logs, and other folders (so they can be outside game installation)

for example:
-folder "replays" C:/Downloads/replays (this can be useful if you have a big HDD ready to throw all replays at it)

4. abilty to set stuff like -sload -nointro -profile on mobile version of rvgl

so for example in RVGL Folder theres a scripts.txt, and in there u type the stuff u want

5. one radar synced across every player in the lobby, radar is the same for everyone

6. ability to resize, change opacity, move elemnts of the UI/HUD , this can for example be changed in the .ini, where the default are set by default

(id find this useful because i personally use the F2 camera and when steering left on an incline it obstructs view, even hiding oils)

7. ability to set what cars are ai by launch command

for example -carai <foldername of car> ( this can be double chained with the 2nd suggestion)

8. Dynamic -nochat

-nochat (hides everyone from chat)
-nochatexhost (hides everyones chat except host)

9. ability to change lap count without going to settings (for example theres a menu in the pause menu which can be either disabled or enabled in the .ini, for example -lapmenu 0 for OFF, 1 for ON)

10. ability to change car without going to lobby (for example theres a menu in the pause menu which can be either disabled or enabled in the .ini, for example -carmenu 0 for OFF, 1 for ON, and you type by keyboard carname)

11. -noslide (disables the motion of the camera when game starts. the one makes you get close to see carboxes) (instead, its removed and you can see everything from beginning of game)

12. fix the fact that sometimes when you know you went with 4 wheels into oil, only 3 got oiled.

13. -nohonk (i may be a honk fan myself but i know some get tired by it) this disables the honk during multiplayer

14. -unlockall (unlocks everything from the game, makes all cars, tracks available from the beginning)

15. -samegrid (if for example host start matches, theres a certain grid and way players are placed, then someone wants host to re because idk, they got dc, the order does not change on that track, it remains same)

(Hold Shift during restart to activate)

16. -nocht (disabled the cht tag)

17. -noboxanim (skips car box animation)

18. -nolatejoin (everyone can join before host starts race, after no one else can connect, if a certian player disconnects, they can reconnect because he was there from beginning) I consider this useful for tournaments streamed events and such

19. ability to change antenna hue color and size. As you may know, when a car is speeding, its antenna has a semi transparent red dash, now it would be cool to change that to different color and size

for example:

;)AERIALRGB 255 255 255
;)AERIALFOFFSET < > < > < >
;)AERIALSIZE

20. Multiple spinner and wheel support

21. ;)SFXENGINE TYPE (this can be useful if you try to replicate car sounds from other games)

For Example:

;)SFXENGINETYPE 0 ( Default)
;)SFXENGINETYPE 1 (Custom - Can Use 2 separate engine sounds)
;)SFXENGINETYPE 2 (Custom - Can be Used Along ;)SFXENGINETYPE 1, But Now It Gives An Effect That Simulates Shifting Gears)

(Values for ;)SFXENGINETYPE 2 can be adjusted by user to create a unique feel to their car)

Heres How it would work for Custom:

;)SFXENGINETYPE 1
-Engine Accelerate (cars/<carname>/"engineaccel.wav"/
-Engine Decelerate (cars/<carname>/"enginedecel.wav"/

22. -notagspec (removes the ability for players in battle tag to spectate while they are in race, for example they can go out of the map then spec to hide the star forever)

23. -nosamename ( disables the ability of players to set their name to be the same as someones else, if they try to do that, the change will simply not apply)
rodik

Re: Suggestions

Unread post by rodik » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:31 am

I also want to tell about some of my suggestions. They mainly regarding the creation of cars and tracks.

1. As JC has already said, add more than 4 separate wheels, springs and axles and more than 1 spinner for cars.

2. More than 1 "Piano" trigger for tracks.

3. It would be good to add a new trigger "No Sound". When the camera is in it, the sounds with the ID that is specified in the trigger and in the 3D Sound itself are muted. It will be possible to specify the power of muting.

4. Custom dynamic objects

5. Suggestions regarding Frontend customisations

6. Speedup and rewind replays.

7. A bomb explosion activated by a trigger. I mean, by the Object Thrower trigger. I always thought it existed, but when I decided to check it out, I didn't find it. But there's even an option to add bomb glow. It would be good to add an explosion, it would be possible, for example, to place mines on tracks.

8. JC said about SFXEngine, and I will say that I would like to see the abilty to add several variants of custom honks for cars.

9. "No Fog" Trigger. When the camera is in it, the fog specified in the parameters disappears.

10. The ability to specify cars in cups. So the cup makers will have more interesting options. For example, it will be possible to make a cup for some special car, so that AI can also control it.

I will add ideas in the future.
Last edited by rodik on Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Горячий Павел

Unread post by Горячий Павел » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:12 pm

jcrist23 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:54 am Suggestions:

1. ability to store hud and all its details in replays via
-replayhud command, now i think the replays will weight a tidy bit more but now you can see more accurate info about pickups, player distance etc

2. ability to use multiplayercpu of any class u choose (u put thisFor the rear-view mirror (F2), this is necessary. I would like to make the mirror wide, but small in height, and the location in the middle on top. And also to make the view mirrored, not straight. in properties/ launcher launch command)

for example:
-cpuai 1 all ai are rookie
-cpuai 2 all ai are amateur

3. ability to change path of saved replays and logs, and other folders (so they can be outside game installation)

for example:
-folder "replays" C:/Downloads/replays (this can be useful if you have a big HDD ready to throw all replays at it)

4. abilty to set stuff like -sload -nointro -profile on mobile version of rvgl

so for example in RVGL Folder theres a scripts.txt, and in there u type the stuff u want

5. one radar synced across every player in the lobby, radar is the same for everyone

6. ability to resize, change opacity, move elemnts of the UI/HUD , this can for example be changed in the .ini, where the default are set by default

(id find this useful because i personally use the F2 camera and when steering left on an incline it obstructs view, even hiding oils)

7. ability to set what cars are ai by launch command

for example -carai <foldername of car> ( this can be double chained with the 2nd suggestion)

8. Dynamic -nochat

-nochat (hides everyone from chat)
-nochatexhost (hides everyones chat except host)

9. ability to change lap count without going to settings (for example theres a menu in the pause menu which can be either disabled or enabled in the .ini, for example -lapmenu 0 for OFF, 1 for ON)

10. ability to change car without going to lobby (for example theres a menu in the pause menu which can be either disabled or enabled in the .ini, for example -carmenu 0 for OFF, 1 for ON, and you type by keyboard carname)

11. -noslide (disables the motion of the camera when game starts. the one makes you get close to see carboxes) (instead, its removed and you can see everything from beginning of game)

12. fix the fact that sometimes when you know you went with 4 wheels into oil, only 3 got oiled.

13. -nohonk (i may be a honk fan myself but i know some get tired by it) this disables the honk during multiplayer

14. -unlockall (unlocks everything from the game, makes all cars, tracks available from the beginning)

15. -samegrid (if for example host start matches, theres a certain grid and way players are placed, then someone wants host to re because idk, they got dc, the order does not change on that track, it remains same)

(Hold Shift during restart to activate)

16. -nocht (disabled the cht tag)

17. -noboxanim (skips car box animation)

18. -nolatejoin (everyone can join before host starts race, after no one else can connect, if a certian player disconnects, they can reconnect because he was there from beginning) I consider this useful for tournaments streamed events and such

19. ability to change antenna hue color and size. As you may know, when a car is speeding, its antenna has a semi transparent red dash, now it would be cool to change that to different color and size

for example:

;)AERIALRGB 255 255 255
;)AERIALFOFFSET < > < > < >
;)AERIALSIZE

20. Multiple spinner and wheel support

21. ;)SFXENGINE TYPE (this can be useful if you try to replicate car sounds from other games)

For Example:

;)SFXENGINETYPE 0 ( Default)
;)SFXENGINETYPE 1 (Custom - Can Use 2 separate engine sounds)
;)SFXENGINETYPE 2 (Custom - Can be Used Along ;)SFXENGINETYPE 1, But Now It Gives An Effect That Simulates Shifting Gears)

(Values for ;)SFXENGINETYPE 2 can be adjusted by user to create a unique feel to their car)

Heres How it would work for Custom:

;)SFXENGINETYPE 1
-Engine Accelerate (cars/<carname>/"engineaccel.wav"/
-Engine Decelerate (cars/<carname>/"enginedecel.wav"/

22. -notagspec (removes the ability for players in battle tag to spectate while they are in race, for example they can go out of the map then spec to hide the star forever)

23. -nosamename ( disables the ability of players to set their name to be the same as someones else, if they try to do that, the change will simply not apply)
1- Ya.

5 - Radar sync? If you mean about the radar that shows the distance between the players. Yes, it happens that the radar is buggy and shows that everything is far behind you, despite the fact that this does not correspond to reality. In this case, synchronization is needed to clarify the distance between the players.

6 - For the rear-view mirror (F2), this is necessary. I would like to make the mirror wide, but small in height, and the location in the middle on top. And also to make the view mirrored, not straight.

9 - Ya!!!

13 - It can be said that the horn sound file can be replaced with silence, but still there are rare cars with a unique horn sound. Then this option would be useful.

14 - YA!!!

20 - YA!!! But still, there is a lack of a type of spinner that would change the speed of rotation during acceleration and deceleration, and I had such an idea for my Tranclucators.

21 - YA!!! But it would be nice to have this and for simulation of hybrid engine (internal combustion engine + electric motor), where the idling of the internal combustion engine was imitated when the car was standing and the electric motor during acceleration.
Last edited by Горячий Павел on Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Горячий Павел, or Goryachiy Pavel, can just Pavel.
Горячий Павел

Unread post by Горячий Павел » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:34 pm

rodik wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:31 am I also want to tell about some of my suggestions. They mainly regarding the creation of cars and tracks.

1. As JC has already said, add more than 4 separate wheels, springs and axles and more than 1 spinner for cars.

2. More than 1 "Piano" trigger for tracks.

3. It would be good to add a new trigger "No Sound". When the camera is in it, the sounds with the ID that is specified in the trigger and in the 3D Sound itself are muted. It will be possible to specify the power of muting.

4. Custom dynamic objects

5. Suggestions regarding Frontend customisations

6. Speedup and rewind replays.

7. A bomb explosion activated by a trigger. I mean, by the Object Thrower trigger. I always thought it existed, but when I decided to check it out, I didn't find it. But there's even an option to add bomb glow. It would be good to add an explosion, it would be possible, for example, to place mines on tracks.

8. JC said about SFXEngine, and I will say that I would like to see the abilty to add several variants of custom honks for cars.

9. "No Fog" Trigger. When the camera is in it, the fog specified in the parameters disappears.

I will be adding ideas in the future.
1- YA!!!

6 - This would be extremely necessary. I remember that this was implemented in the first Carmageddon. Slowing down replays would also be nice to have for epic shots.

7 - In this case, you can make an action-packed track 8-) 8-) 8-)
Горячий Павел

Unread post by Горячий Павел » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:31 pm

I also have a suggestion.

1. Delete or make it possible to disable the "Bomb" weapon, because this is the meanest and most unpleasant weapon that will work against you if you do not get rid of it, and you can only get rid of it if you touch to opponent for transmit the bomb to him, but in multiplayer the bomb and may not be transmitted.

2. Custom classes. Although I do not consider it necessary, it is still an opportunity to highlight a different class of cars.
NVT_06

Unread post by NVT_06 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:41 am

jcrist23 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:54 am 19. ability to change antenna hue color and size. As you may know, when a car is speeding, its antenna has a semi transparent red dash, now it would be cool to change that to different color and size
The dash applies to AERIAL (the black part) and AERIALT (the red top), so there should be two strings for both.

I think there should be also a ;)AERIALTROT string for the red top, because when the car moves, it only follows the antenna rotation longitudinally, while it gets "stretched" if moving on other axes.

With this string, the top could rotate in all directions. This could be useful for cars that use custom AERIALT models like this that otherwise will look jelly and weird.
;)AERIALTROT (value)      ;0: Default behaviour, 1: Rotation on all axes
jcrist23 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:54 am 20. Multiple spinner and wheel support
Absolutely useful!!

I'd also suggest two strings for different tyre skid sounds for both on- and off-road surfaces, to simulate different tyres for custom cars:
;)SFXSKIDON "sound path"      ;Skid sound for on-road surfaces
;)SFXSKIDOFF "sound path"     ;Skid sound for off-road surfaces
Горячий Павел

Unread post by Горячий Павел » Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:00 am

NVT_06 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:41 am
jcrist23 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:54 am 19. ability to change antenna hue color and size. As you may know, when a car is speeding, its antenna has a semi transparent red dash, now it would be cool to change that to different color and size
The dash applies to AERIAL (the black part) and AERIALT (the red top), so there should be two strings for both.

I think there should be also a ;)AERIALTROT string for the red top, because when the car moves, it only follows the antenna rotation longitudinally, while it gets "stretched" if moving on other axes.

With this string, the top could rotate in all directions. This could be useful for cars that use custom AERIALT models like this that otherwise will look jelly and weird.
;)AERIALTROT (value)      ;0: Default behaviour, 1: Rotation on all axes
jcrist23 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:54 am 20. Multiple spinner and wheel support
Absolutely useful!!

I'd also suggest two strings for different tyre skid sounds for both on- and off-road surfaces, to simulate different tyres for custom cars:
;)SFXSKIDON "sound path"      ;Skid sound for on-road surfaces
;)SFXSKIDOFF "sound path"     ;Skid sound for off-road surfaces
I doubt the usefulness of this feature. Although for fun, probably yes.
Sauss-Ente

Unread post by Sauss-Ente » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:54 am

When wanting to play online, "Connection refused" wasn't the most helpful message to recieve. In fact, it was only about the wrong game version. Not having been updated to the newest yet. I know, the Laucher exists, but maybe the next noob doesn't not know about this yet. Please communicate what to do to the user a bit more straight-forward: "Server Game version: 2023. Your Game version: 2022. Pls update."
motorhand

Unread post by motorhand » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:30 am

My idea would be a track screen for reversed (R) mode, which is in the ../gfx folder.
Now it's only the gfx upside down.

This could be saved in the ../custom/reversed folder.
Then you could save it 180° and get a proper view from the reversed start position.
Sauss-Ente

Unread post by Sauss-Ente » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:07 pm

I've spotted some typos, forgotten words and too long words in strings/german.txt.

Spieziell -> Speziell
Rennen neustarten -> Rennen neu starten
Aufnahmen neustarten -> Aufnahmen neu starten
Trete spiel bei… -> Trete Spiel bei…
Paused -> Pause
Wirklich neustarten? -> Wirklich neu starten?
Herausforderungszeit: -> Zielzeit:
Rekorde Laden/Speichern -> Rekorde laden/speichern
Esc zum abbrechen -> Esc zum Abbrechen
Zum spiel hinzufügen -> Zum Spiel hinzufügen
Leertaste zum starten -> Leertaste zum Starten
Bitte warten … -> Bitte warten…
Spiel zum beitreten wählen -> Spiel zum Beitreten wählen

Edit:
Here are some more fixes for text problems in german.txt. The %d%s placeholder only works in the same line it seems like in the original English version.

Erreiche in jedem Rennen -> Werde mindestens %d%s
mindestens den %d%s Platz! -> in jedem Rennen.
Erreiche das Podium, um an der -> Erreiche den %d%s nächsten Meisterschaft teilzunehmen! -> Gesamtrang, um an
der nächsten Meisterschaft teilzunehmen!
Erreiche das Podium, um dich -> Erreiche den %d%s Gesamtrang, um dich
Sauss-Ente

Unread post by Sauss-Ente » Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:59 pm

It looks like the naming convention on the IP address is a little picky here.
For example let's say my IP is 10.11.12.13. For an online game, entering "10.11.12.13" isn't enough, game fails to connect. It has to be "10.11.12.13 2310" to work.
Can you make it possible to accept the port with a colon: "10.11.12.13:2310"? That's the naming convention on the programs, that I used so far. Or make an extra field, where the port can be specified.
Also, wasn't 2310 the standard port? Why does typing in the address without a port doesn't default to the standard port then? It would be logical to default to the usual port, if no other port is given.
Sauss-Ente

Unread post by Sauss-Ente » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:44 pm

What about being able to define the race length by distance? (Kilometers / Miles?)
10 laps on Supermarket 2 are something quite different from 10 laps Schools Out 2.
Sauss-Ente

Unread post by Sauss-Ente » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:20 pm

In the replays menu (where you browse through the list of your recordings), what about having the car in use added to the interface (so far it's replay name, track, game type)? The car is surely one of the more memorable things about a specific replay.