- Fabolous Cheesy by Qvarcos for track02
- Active Groove by ZetaSphere for track 03
- Kraut Stream by The Man for track 04
- Boost Starting by The Man for track 05
- Animalistic by ZetaSphere for track 06
- Apex by Qvarcos for track 07
- Wind is on our Side by The Man for track 08
- Bits in Motion by Qvarcos track 09
- Free Flowing by ZetaSphere for track 10
- Screeching Friction by ZetaSphere for track 11
- Voltspirit by The Man for track 12
- Win Cup by The Man for track 13
- Lose Cup by The Man for track 14
- Credits by The Man for track 15
Tracks without candidates:
We're done! Feel free to submit more candidates. We'll put candidates up to a vote and then decide which one stays in redbook and which one will be put in the 'music' folder for use with arenas and custom levels.
Note: We're explicitly looking for more tracks than the original soundtrack has! Your music can be also used for custom tracks in the online pack, battle tag modes, stunt arenas, etc.
The goal is to create a replacement of Re-Volt's original soundtrack and have it ready by the end of the year 2018.
Your music track should be recognizable as one of the following genres:
- (acid) trance
- some elements of downtempo
and it should resemble the style of the Re-Volt soundtrack as closely as possible while not using samples of it. That means you also cannot use the samples from the N64 version of the game.
No remixes - completely new tracks that follow the style of the OST.
Here are some clues:
Acid-y synths, guitar samples, cheesy vocal samples, ...
The tracks should be 3 minutes in length or more. We're also looking for a credits tune and jingles for championship won/lost, those can be shorter!
The final music tracks can be handed over to me in the FLAC format (or .wav/any other common lossless format).
When the project is done, we're going to distribute it through our website and package it with the game releases.
You're free to use whatever program you'd like. My favorite free (or open-sourced) are:
- SunVox (music tracker)
- Audacity (audio editor)
- Ardour (DAW)
- LMMS (DAW)
- ...do you know more?
You don't need to be a pro at making music. I don't have much experience myself but I'm going to work on a track using SunVox.
Who's up for it?