Rare Casual I/O cars - Lobby

A place for tourneys, competitions and other online racing events.
hajducsekb

Rare Casual I/O cars - Lobby

Unread post by hajducsekb » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:39 am

Hi, everyone! I'm here to talk about a very serious issue, which is related to a certain species. More and more of these creatures are pushing away others, leading them to extinction. Sooner or later not one event might have these, even though they all have special properties. Some people haven't even heard of them. :o These creatures are being pushed away by the Toyecas, and I'm going to have none of it.

On a more serious note, I do love Toyeca a lot (especially the yellow dominated skin), just like most people who play RVGL online. But there are other cars in the I/O pack as well, which are rarely being used. That's why I decided that I should download the sessionlog files for the casual Pro I/O sessions from this year (30 sessions), combine them and find out how many times each were used. The results were shocking (not really). (Note: I've posted one calculation before to the Discord server, but not everything was correct there and that wasn't from January, but April). Now I've tried double checking, and I think I came up with close to accurate data.

The list:
Toyeca - 3528
Humma - 545
Purp XL - 455
Cougar - 199
SNW 35 - 192
Patriot - 165
ZS-9 - 110
RV Jetcar - 108
Black Widow - 101
Prime Target - 92
Artair - 91
Indy B - 83
Tribute - 64
Shinobi - 60
Varanus K - 58
S13 Alltune - 49
Zoondiac - 49
Acclaim F1 - 48
Gear GT - 46
Panga - 39
Shining Fairy - 36
G3X - 33
Sir Gleam - 30
TT Raider - 28
Eaglet - 24
Sater XL - 23

The numbers behind the car names are the mentions of the car in the csv files, meaning it accounts for one race if a person raced it once. If 2 people raced it at the same race, it counts as 2, and etc.

I hope that this data is accurate, since I'm planning to host an unofficial session where you can only use the rarest cars. I'm not yet sure where I'll draw the line, but I'll think it will be around 50 races (so S13 Alltune and under)(that can still definitely change). Note that this is only a planned event for now and I can't guarantee that I will host it. It will most likely take place in the first week of August. So get ready and save these cars that are dying :)

Updates will be posted on the Discord to #lobbies and possibly on this forum post. Glhf :).

P. S.: If you'd like the combined csv or the Python script I used, let me know (the latter is a pretty big mess).
HAJDUC DOT COM
kiwi

Re: Rare Casual I/O cars - Lobby

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:53 am

I have exactly the same opinion as you, Hajduc, and looking forward to your rare car session. I've done similar sessions in the past, but sadly they were not very crowded.

To show the overuse of some cars, I've done a useage list for all classes in May 2019.

URV
Administrator

Unread post by URV » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:48 am

Actually, I think your event idea would be pretty cool to have listed as an official event. The only requirement for those is just to use stock content and I/O custom content, and it sounds like this should qualify. If you're interested, just let me know and I'll even try to host (or find a host) for you if you can't do it yourself!

Personally, I almost always stick to Humma in Pro Races, so it's kinda nice to see it all the way up there. This does make me want to try out some of the other custom cars as well, but a certain dilemma presents itself: none of them are really as good as Toyeca (barring maybe Black Widow), and none of them are as fun to drive for me as Humma. I remember, for example, that Gear GT is extremely underpowered and I'd pretty much be signing up for the bottom half of the leaderboards if most of the players use Toyeca. I do race mostly for fun, but it's nice to be able to keep up with the competition too!

In short: I think this particularly brings to light that people don't use Toyeca or Humma just because they're used to them, but also because they're much better than the custom cars we have so far (or, at least, they seem to be). I'm confident that this isn't really the case in the other classes, except Rookies.
Alex

Unread post by Alex » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:43 pm

I remember there being a custom only pro car lobby hosted at one point which was incredibly fun with a massive variety of cars but I sadly don't see those custom/stock only sessions anymore on the schedule. Would love to see one or two a week maybe where only custom cars are allowed
URV
Administrator

Unread post by URV » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:51 pm

Agreed, I was thinking the same recently. Are you saying they should replace the casual events during these weeks, or would it be fine as additional events?
hajducsekb

Unread post by hajducsekb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:31 pm

Well, this event should be definitely good as a kick-off for something like that. It looks like it will be held on August 5, but I'm still holding the right to change that.
HAJDUC DOT COM
hajducsekb

Unread post by hajducsekb » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:12 am

So, the event will be held today at 18:00 UTC if everything goes right. The IP should be hb.rv.gl. In case I can't get the IP by that time, the fallback will be to hajducsekb.hopto.org. Event info page is here: https://re-volt.io/events/2019-08-05-1800

Update:

Code: Select all

hb.rv.gl
is working :)
HAJDUC DOT COM