Live point system !

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Cosmo_Kramer

Live point system !

Unread post by Cosmo_Kramer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:45 pm

Yo!

We did mention this many time in past, but i decided to give it a shot one more time,once again!

Im proposing "live" point counting system just like in single mode championship race, for races to be more exciting online.

To be more precisely https://ibb.co/YhjG79L

Host does a session and we can see during the session and in the end who won it.

Please,u promised this in 2009,its been a decade!
svito

Re: Live point system !

Unread post by svito » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Just a tip you should learn how to make screenshots. No need to use a camera :)
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Who would decide how many points are given for each specific position? Or would it be predetermined? What about races with unusual player count? What about too many multiplayer options? Maybe there would be several pre-made types of multiplayer championship point systems to pick from? Would it be switch off-and-on'able? Would the championship points table appear automatically after the race or the player could just look at it in the Esc menu after a race finish, similarly to how "view replay" or "options" or "save replay" buttons work?

And this suggestion is pretty much just an extension of a request to add custom single-player championships and multiplayer championships, then the championship table would be (should be?) a part of it.

Unread post by 607 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:21 pm

I do think it would be a nice possibility, but I'm not sure how easy to implement it would be. It would have to deal with things the championships don't have to deal with, such as the possibility of 100 players or 100 races.
For a points system, if it's optional anyway, maybe the system that is already in use for most sessions could be used.
Cosmo_Kramer

Unread post by Cosmo_Kramer » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:21 pm

My idea of implementing would be to not complicate it too much and make it simple as possible.
Idea that would make it a bit easeyer for developer aslo...

Only two things to do;

1.In my example,the host would choose does he need a casual race or he is hosting some sort of competitive session...

2.Since there is maximum of 16 players,adding points after each race,from place 1 - 10 would be good enough.
Would not make much difference if there is 8 players in session or 16,numbers would still make sense.

Anyway,It s not really that important how points would be distributed,this is something that could be voted or discussed,the thing that matters is will Huki finally consider this option seriously ? :idea:
LaggeeROK

Unread post by LaggeeROK » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:43 pm

any point system in online races would be amazing and a great change,i support it
VaidX47
Administrator

Unread post by VaidX47 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:02 pm

Would be there naturally in custom and multiplayer championships.
Was planned for a awhile, and will probably take another while to be implemented, depends. Large feature set didn't happen in 1.2 neither it does frequently in RVGL, as we already know.
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<