Vote for Best Track of the Year (2019)

Talk about general topics regarding Re-Volt and the community.

Which of the following tracks from 2019 did you like the best?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:51 pm

Beehive Valley Adventures
20%
Schizophrenia
12%
Route-77
22%
Rooftops 1
24%
Mysterious Toy Volt Factory 2
2%
Hull Breach 3000
12%
Touge Mountain
10%

Total votes: 51
hajducsekb

Vote for Best Track of the Year (2019)

Unread post by hajducsekb » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Hey, everyone!

First of all, happy new year! I hope 2020 will be great. On the other hand, I want to present a glimpse of last year and look for some of the best maps that came out! Many tracks were released, and they have a lot of versatility. Some were utilizing new features, some were having cartoonish beauty and there were also some that are remakes of older tracks. Since there were so many of them and polls are limited here, I decided that there should be a certain few people (who know a thing or two about track creation and/or try out a lot of new tracks) who should nominate 5 tracks each, and host a poll based on this. Credits to the nominators where it's due: URV, Kiwi, Wichilie, MightyCucumber, Vaid, 607 and one other person who decided to remain anonymous. The following tracks were nominated for the poll (with the number of nominations next to them):

Nominated Tracks:
  • Beehive Valley Adventures | 5
  • Schizophrenia | 5
  • Route-77 | 5
  • Rooftops 1 | 4
  • Mysterious Toy Volt Factory 2 | 3
  • Hull Breach 3000 | 2
  • Touge Mountain | 2
Honorable Mentions:
  • Autumn Leavesway | 1
  • SSR5 | 1
  • Skatepark F20 | 1
  • Skeleton Rave | 1
  • DKR – Windmill Plains | 1
  • R2049 Plaza | 1
  • Red Rock Valley | 1
  • Hotel Retro | 1
  • Uranus | 1
  • Fragments | 1
Rules for voting:
  • You can vote for 3 tracks
  • You cannot change your vote once you submit it
  • The poll will close within 5 days of this post's submission (around 6th of January, 19:50 UTC)
Track pack:
I've compiled a pack from the 7 votable tracks, in order to help you decide your vote. The tracks are exactly as they were on RVZ, and also includes the 2 cars from Beehive Valley Adventures. You can download the pack on Dropbox (Direct).
HAJDUC DOT COM
kiwi

Re: Vote for Best Track of the Year (2019)

Unread post by kiwi » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:31 pm

Oops. I just recognized, that I‘ve only voted for one track by accident. Any chance of resetting my vote so I can do the 3 possible votes?
hajducsekb

Unread post by hajducsekb » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:01 pm

I don't think that's possible, since in the poll, I chose the option which doesn't let you change, and I think it happens anonymously. :|
HAJDUC DOT COM

Unread post by 607 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:06 am

I wonder what the standings would be if you could only vote for one track, or had to rank your votes and a higher rank would account for more points. ;)
Edit: I also just realised the poll statistics don't make much sense. It seems to assume that there was only one vote per person, because otherwise surely the percentages would add up to almost 300%, not exactly 100%.
hajducsekb

Unread post by hajducsekb » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:16 am

It does make sense. If a person votes for 1 track, it adds 1 vote to the overall. If they vote for 3 tracks, it adds 3. Therefore if all voted for 3, there were 51/3=17 voters. That's obviously not the case, but good for showing how it works :P
HAJDUC DOT COM