Time Trial: best time (& ghost) per car

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
pintassilgo

Time Trial: best time (& ghost) per car

Unread post by pintassilgo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:48 am

Hi.

Re-Volt / RVGL records only top10 times per rating and the ghost car (*replay*) of the single best time.

If I want to know my best time with a car that is not the best in its rating i.e. not visible in my top10 (for instance, Phat Slug), I need to save it on my own with printscreen. Then, of course, there is no easy way to know what is my best time in each car. I'm currently saving this data in a spreadsheet.

My suggestions about this:

1. RVGL should save my best time in each car, so that it can be seen both in "Best Trial Times" and while racing with that car.
2. RVGL should record my best time (ghost replay) per car. So there should be two ghost cars while racing: the best time with the car I'm playing and the best overall time in its rating. If I'm playing with the car that has the best time in its rating, then there will be only one ghost car.
Last edited by pintassilgo on Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ZipperZbieracz

Re: Time Trial: best time (& ghost) per car

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:19 pm

I know that not seeing the car you would actually want to improve the time can be an obstacle, for example when trying to do a best toteca time while the ghost car is UFO, but in that case player can remove (= effectively reset) times or laplocal files to be able to set a time with a proper car. But TT is specifically about being fastest on a track, not with a car on a track. So these suggestions are a no for me.

There is a spreadsheet made by Skarma that shows best times with every car on each stock track, but he hasn't published it here yet.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:58 pm

I also would love to see something like this. I often use different (not so common) cars and do time trial with them. Especially the slower cars per class will be kicked out of the list pretty fast.

A third option "per car" would come in handy, and would also not affect the ones who don't want to use this additional filter.

<dream mode ON>

Maybe this is not the correct thread for it, but a global ranking list ingame would be the non-plus-ultra. The times could be stored on a webserver, which will be loaded instead the local tables. This would have to go hand-in-hand with increasing the top 10 to "top unlimited", with the possibility to scroll down the list, jump to number one, and jump to personal record.

People could deactivate the global list in the settings, and use local lists instead.

<dream mode OFF>
Avecezar

Unread post by Avecezar » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:44 pm

I'd be very happy :D if I could see the following options implemented in the game regarding ghost:

:idea:
1. Possibility to save ghost file for each car on a given track.

It could be available through an option ON/OFF for automatic saving of ghost file and/or in-game menu SAVE GHOST so that car, track name and preferably time is included.

2. Option to be able to select multiple ghosts to race against.

3. Option to spectate chosen ghost with a selected camera.
SDeG