[PC] How to use a proportional controller?

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
benbrown

[PC] How to use a proportional controller?

Unread post by benbrown » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:06 am

I have one Windows PC, two USB force feedback steeling wheel/pedal controllers, and four USB gamepad controllers. My family and I enjoy multiplayer Re-Volt but it doesn't do proportional steering so only the gamepad controller buttons can be used and not the gamepad joysticks.

I hope I am mistaken; I hope proportional steering can be done in Revolt? Can you walk me through the configuration I have to do?

Re: [PC] How to use a proportional controller?

Unread post by 607 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:34 pm

What do you mean by proportional steering? It is possible to use analog controls for steering.
benbrown

Unread post by benbrown » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:41 pm

Yes, analog == proportional. I'm happy to hear you say that works - I couldn't configure that. Any particular tips or settings I should pay special attention to?
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Analog controls should work without needing any special configuration. If this is not working correctly, post the log file (profiles\re-volt.log) and I'll look into it.
benbrown

Unread post by benbrown » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Hmm, I've now tested it and the results are mixed. YES the analog joysticks on the controllers work, but it seems to me that they don't care how much I am steering = like on buttons or keyboard, it seems to be progressive steering = first a little and then increasingly more steering, without me changing the angle of the joystick.

I had expected that a tiny joystick tilt would mean just a little bit of steering, and it should stay a little bit of steering. But the steering increases the longer I hold the joystick off-center, regardless of how little off-center it is.

Does this make sense?

Unread post by 607 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:03 pm

This is strange. I have never heard of this issue. Have you experimented with the steering range option? Edit: Also, have you tested the controller with something else, so you know it works as expected?