Make the process opengl uses similar to opengles

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
revolting1

Make the process opengl uses similar to opengles

Unread post by revolting1 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:48 pm

The opengl es for smartphones seems to be better at rendering that the opengl at desktop so it would be great to do away with certain aspects of the gl desktop code to make it faster and simpler as the gl es is, tracks like ranch, school's out, very heavy tracks would get a great improvement in playability
Huki
Developer

Re: Make the process opengl uses similar to opengles

Unread post by Huki » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:04 pm

It depends on the hardware, not the API.
svito

Unread post by svito » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Nah, even on Intel Sandy Bridge Graphics (HD 3000) all maps have adequate FPS. Some tracks can be optimized like Ranch and Industry but other than that I pretty much agree with Huki here. API is not the problem. Maybe you should use Linux though, I recommend Arch Linux but not ANY its derivatives (especially not Manjaro) or OpenSUSE or any of the Ubuntu official flavors.
revolting1

Unread post by revolting1 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:10 am

Yeah they do, I'm running lubuntu 19.10 64bit which from my point of view runs better than windows7 32bit, still those tracks definitely need improvements, my opengl compat version is 3.0. That's the version rvgl detects and runs however my core profile version is 3.3 so I wonder if there's a way to force rvgl detect that version and if so how please let me know to see if that improves the playability of ranch
hajducsekb

Unread post by hajducsekb » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Svito, I'm not sure it's the best idea to recommend Arch Linux to people who use Windows... they will probably have a very hard time. For some people, Ubuntu could be the best distro. ;)
HAJDUC DOT COM
svito

Unread post by svito » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:37 pm

I don't appreciate your snarky demeaning attitude towards Arch Linux. Depending on person background they may be more comfortable with Arch than Ubuntu.