First tie

Talk about general topics regarding Re-Volt and the community.
Stormer100

First tie

Unread post by Stormer100 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:04 am

Hi.
I've played Re-volt back in the 2000's, and started again on rvgl in 2017, and just now for the very first time, I tied another car down to the millisecond. I couldn't get the insert image button to insert a screenshot, but I tied another car for first place at 9:51:416 (in my defense, I was playing with my eyes half open since it's almost 02:00 here haha)
I still got the win, and the AI got 2nd place. Maybe the game gives humans preference over the AI, or maybe it's a 50/50, or maybe it gives preference to the player that started the race farther back. (As the player, I always start in 16th place, so was technically slightly faster.)
ZipperZbieracz

Re: First tie

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:33 pm

Tied results are very rare, but possible, in multiplayer too. But in a "tie" there is always one player ahead according to the game and everyone respects the result that the game provides. I think that game operates on more accurate position coordinates and time (more accurate than 0,001s), thus the difference lower than 0,001s is not represented in the times table, but the game registers one car finishing a smidgen faster than the other and shows that in the results table. But a game dev would have to confirm on that…
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:50 pm

ZipperZbieracz wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:33 pm I think that game operates on more accurate position coordinates and time (more accurate than 0,001s), thus the difference lower than 0,001s is not represented in the times table, but the game registers one car finishing a smidgen faster than the other and shows that in the results table.
I can confirm this is how it works - the game operates on a below-millisecond precision but only milliseconds are displayed.
revolting1

Unread post by revolting1 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:15 pm

Wow, also because you always start last obviously a tie gotta give you the win