[Done] ai rubberbanding in online should be an option (or at least a part of it)

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
whitedoom1

[Done] ai rubberbanding in online should be an option (or at least a part of it)

Unread post by whitedoom1 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:18 pm

Hello guys,

As most of you probably know I often host online sessions where I use ai (in particular via the -gazzasaicar command) as filler or as a part of a specific challenge. I noticed rubberbanding was put off for the ai in online since the rvgl RVGL 20.0325a update. So I did a test today with version 20.0210a and the latest version and noticed when using -gazzasaicar the ai get backup alot slower when they are upside down then how it was before because of it. Please note that while using -gazzasaicar the ai actually don't speed up above normal which was also the case before the 20.0325a update but other stuff like perhaps a slight better handling and quicker recovery from upside down was in. They are basically now on very easy mode in online and I would hope if this may somehow be changed back to how it was before in some form.

A couple of solution I thought about myself which might technically be possible:
1.People could use a command to activate ai rubberbanding in online
2.Enabling specific parts like faster recovery should still be activated in online but speeding up above normal not for example
3.Just put rubberbanding back in (people who aint aware of this stuff normally dont have difficulty setting on 3 anyways)

I hope this suggestions does get heared, as I would like the ai to be kept competetive against the well talented racers! ;)

Whitedoom,
Santiii727

Re: ai rubberbanding in online should be an option (or at least a part of it)

Unread post by Santiii727 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:28 pm

Nice Idea, can be activated only in single races, but deactivate them in Battle Tag which there the AI ​​does not take effect.

This is where the AI ​​problem
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1207
whitedoom1

Unread post by whitedoom1 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:48 pm

It was in before update 20.0325a but for some unknown reason they turned it off for online mode sadly it automatically also seems to turn off the faster recovery rate and perhaps also the more precise shooting although the latter is not confirmed yet lol.

If battle tag is the reason then it should only be turned off when playing that mode indeed as it effects the common races to much now with having cars waiting seconds before they turn back up etc lol
revolting1

Unread post by revolting1 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:00 am

Also for newer players and to keep revolt growing it should be left disabled in single player mode and split screen and if new players want to create a multiplayer game against AI, rubberbanding should be disabled by default in multiplayer since having it enabled would be tougher on them and probably less fun than racing against the original AI the game came with, so the agreement would be to allow that rubberbanding option only for advanced users. (Probably as a part of tier 2 difficulty)
whitedoom1

Unread post by whitedoom1 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:17 pm

When you launch the game without editing profile setting it normally is disabled in single player games. Only in championship it is added. As for online I think having the option to have it on or not would be justified as you got alot of different session types. My biggest complaint currently though is that these cars recover very slow in online when they are upside down and I know they can turn back up way faster at a higher difficulty setting:)