[SUGGESTION] Save keyboard and controller mappings separately

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.

[SUGGESTION] Save keyboard and controller mappings separately

Unread post by 607 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:10 pm

RVGL stores control maps for 4 players. However, when you change from a controller to the keyboard, all mappings are reset for that player. I frequently switch from controller to keyboard and vice versa, and it would be very nice if I didn't have to reconfigure the keys each time.
Huki
Developer

Re: [SUGGESTION] Save keyboard and controller mappings separately

Unread post by Huki » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:30 am

Yep, this has been requested before (on ORP?) and it's planned. The issue with having mappings per-controller is uniquely identifying controllers in a cross-platform way. I'm afraid this might not be possible, which means mappings will get reset when moving a profile from Windows to Linux (or other way around). That aside, this feature is still nice to have.

Re: [SUGGESTION] Save keyboard and controller mappings separately

Unread post by 607 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:01 pm

Huki wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:30 am Yep, this has been requested before (on ORP?) and it's planned. The issue with having mappings per-controller is uniquely identifying controllers in a cross-platform way. I'm afraid this might not be possible, which means mappings will get reset when moving a profile from Windows to Linux (or other way around). That aside, this feature is still nice to have.
Thanks for letting me know!
I might have requested it on ORP; I only checked in the past suggestions on TRH.