Re-volt on a big screen?

Talk about general topics regarding Re-Volt and the community.
Avecezar

Re-volt on a big screen?

Unread post by Avecezar » Wed May 20, 2020 2:22 am

Do you have experience with Re-volt on a big screen, like TV screen?

With Nvidia Shield android device you can either stream all games to TV from your PC or install Re-volt directly on the Shield. I've started considering this solution and would like to know if you've got any experience/impressions about that.

As steering device you can still use keyboard/mouse and gamepad (bluetooth only?, wired as well?). Haven't heard if wheel/pedals set is supported however.

The vision to play Re-volt on a big screen appeals to my imagination. Please share your thoughts and experience.
SDeG

Re: Re-volt on a big screen?

Unread post by 607 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:46 am

Why not use HDMI out from a laptop?
hajducsekb

Unread post by hajducsekb » Wed May 20, 2020 3:50 pm

Right now, my PC is connected to the big TV in the living room, so I am experiencing it. It is definitely fun! Looks nice in Full HD. Someone in the family also has an Android Box, but I haven't installed RVGL on it, yet. And an issue is that the Android port of the game is mostly optimized for mobile screens, and lower gpu performance. This means that the game has lower graphics in my experience, and also, some features are removed. One of these features, for example, is split screen, another is the online chat! This is why I believe that the full RVGL "TV experience" is using a Desktop OS + HDMI Cable (like 607 said as well). Well, hopefully this is only true for the time being... ;)
HAJDUC DOT COM
Nightcrawler

Unread post by Nightcrawler » Wed May 20, 2020 5:36 pm

My PC has a display and TV connected on gpu, i can change where i want to play, also have a usb adapter to PS3 controller that i can play up to 1-4 players, its a good solution, recommend.
Avecezar

Unread post by Avecezar » Thu May 21, 2020 4:26 am

In my case the limitation is space between PC and TV. Both are in remote rooms.

Also after hajducsekb observation would not like to sacrifice quality using Android port on a big screen.

Nvidia gamestream service is still the option to consider then.
SDeG