How to make custom lego tracks including "special" blocks?

Post your own tools and resources, as well as your cars and tracks.
nahman48

How to make custom lego tracks including "special" blocks?

Unread post by nahman48 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:52 am

Just as in topic's title. How can I make tracks with custom lego pieces such as the ones here?
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FJTjlZqu0DM/hqdefault.jpg
or here?
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8RZURJjfZRQ/hqdefault.jpg
or in general how to make such track? people are using tons of custom lego blocks often including even lasers and more.. is a custom editor or some special tool required for this? i didn't seen anything regarding making such things in Re-Volt on web.. only people showing their amazing tracks with custom lego pieces i don't know where they get from..
URV
Administrator

Re: How to make custom lego tracks including "special" blocks?

Unread post by URV » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:19 am

These count as "Lego Extreme" tracks, which basically means that the authors built the base in the Track Editor and then remodeled them in 3D modeling software such as Blender (with the Re-Volt Add-On). In the past, authors used various tools such as ZModeler, RV-Glue and a whole lot more that I can't remember, but you can probably achieve all of that nowadays with Blender.

It's possible that some of them made use of certain PRM kits, but I can't find any Lego-themed ones so far. In my opinion, you're probably better off just remodeling the various blocks yourself. As for the lasers and all other instances, they can be added in-game by accessing dev mode.

Getting into advanced track-making like this can get a bit complicated, and you'll probably have a lot of questions that are not covered by the tutorials we have. If you think you'd like to give it a go, I recommend you join our Discord server—you can get live help that way.
nahman48

Re: How to make custom lego tracks including "special" blocks?

Unread post by nahman48 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:29 am

Ah okay. Thanks for help. I will think about it.