Some Suggestions

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Lukisav

Re-Volt Some Suggestions

Unread post by Lukisav » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Hello RVGL Community, it's Lukisav, primarily known for making a lot of skins for the game. Anyway, i have a few suggestions for RVGL game:

1. When changing a skin of a car, can you add a spray paint sound to go along with the skin change? For example you go into Toyeca car, and you want to change the skin,the audio of spray paint plays along with the skin change i think that would be a great addon to the skin world of RVGL.
2. When starting up the game or playing maps, can you maybe change those and update them with new pictures which change over time when entering the game and changing the map? i think the old original pictures of beginning of the game and tracks are kinda old, i was thinking those could get updated as well.
3. Also i was thinking since some cars are extreme fact like Formula Z .No there's probably more there, we should have Super Pro and have a "Legendary" class, for insane cars like Formula, i think this could get implemented soon.
4. I was thinking soon the RVGL community could start making their own championships, with new trophies, new tracks etc, make more of trophies in game
5. This has been suggested already on Discord, can we add the The Revolt Track Editor back in the download section? It was originally in the game, so it would be nice to have it back in use, also to add new made stuff for tracks, make it more "newer" with newer stuff for the editor.
6. Already sent it here, can we make it able to write the name in RVGL without caps lock automatically on? Instead we could lower the caps and write our name with small letters as well?

These suggestions are for now. Take care i hope you have a wonderful day or night. : :re-volt:
ZipperZbieracz

Re: Some Suggestions

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:04 am

1. No, there's already a generic revolt sound for that and it's good. It's not a generic racing game or some need for speed.
2. No. The picture is supposed to tell the player quickly and clearly which map is being loaded just by looking at it at a first glance. Changing that would be a mess.
3. Dolo was always right from the very beginning. Who could have thought. Don't forget about helicopter and boat class too!
4. There were custom championships in plans/development, but not with trophies as that's not needed, just a custom series of maps to play.
5. Track editor could use a major overhaul to look like the editor from trackmania games, with prerequisite parts that fit each other and allow to make an epic track. But it's practically not doable and too much hassle, making a new track the normal way would be easier.
6. Meh

Unread post by 607 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:50 am

ZipperZbieracz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:04 am 2. No. The picture is supposed to tell the player quickly and clearly which map is being loaded just by looking at it at a first glance. Changing that would be a mess.
Um... except for fairly new custom tracks, the picture is always the same. So you cannot tell which map is being loaded just by looking at it. :P
ZipperZbieracz wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:04 am 5. Track editor could use a major overhaul to look like the editor from trackmania games, with prerequisite parts that fit each other and allow to make an epic track. But it's practically not doable and too much hassle, making a new track the normal way would be easier.
I don't think that's necessary. I think the track editor should be included with the download, as it works again on modern systems. I think it's more fun anyway, the 'Lego' tracks have their own charm.
This is not an RVGL suggestion though, it's a Re-Volt I/O suggestion.
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Oh yes, I thought about the track photo miniatures when choosing the track in the track chooser window, I messed it up with the generic Re-Volt background photo when loading a track with that zapped Dust Mite. Track photo miniatures have to stay the same obviously. As for the loading background photo... some variety may be cool, there's a lot of nice photos from revolt and even gallery photos could fit. Maybe even stock tracks could use a nice loading background photo as the new customs.