Global Star Epilepsy Trigger

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
agg1401

Global Star Epilepsy Trigger

Unread post by agg1401 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:25 pm

I play Re-Volt a lot and nowadays I started to think that this game needs to be changed. I realized that the global pulse object in the game, really fast flashing, very risky for epilepsy patients.

My suggestions;
1. You can weaken the light of the effect of that object.
2. You can extend the duration of the object's effect.
3. You can say to the entrance of the game that it can trigger epilepsy.

Information: I do not have epilepsy, but I try to be very careful about these issues.
Turkish Re-Volter.

:re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt:

Re: Global Star Epilepsy Trigger

Unread post by 607 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:10 pm

Maybe you're right. People that are so sensitive to light flashes probably shouldn't be playing any retro games, but at this point RVGL does not feel like a retro game anymore. ;) At the same time, I like the effect as it is. Do you have experience with such cases yourself? I have heard about this issue a lot, but only from people like you, that thought it might be a problem, never from people who actually had an epilepsy attack ostensibly caused by a video game (I mean video games in general, not RVGL in specific, here).
agg1401

Re: Global Star Epilepsy Trigger

Unread post by agg1401 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:56 am

607 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:10 pm Maybe you're right. People that are so sensitive to light flashes probably shouldn't be playing any retro games, but at this point RVGL does not feel like a retro game anymore. ;) At the same time, I like the effect as it is. Do you have experience with such cases yourself? I have heard about this issue a lot, but only from people like you, that thought it might be a problem, never from people who actually had an epilepsy attack ostensibly caused by a video game (I mean video games in general, not RVGL in specific, here).
Hello 607.

A friend of mine in Cabal Online had a crisis while talking live because of skill animations.
Turkish Re-Volter.

:re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt: