New AI NODES

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
THE B!

New AI NODES

Unread post by THE B! » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Good afternoon. :gabe:
I am THE B!, an Alias Re-Volt Master user. I'm here to ask if it's possible to add new nodes for AI NODES.
Specifically these nodes:
- 40mph slow down;
- 50mph slow down;
- 60mph slow down.
They would be used to control FRS (Formula Ruote Scoperte) and Pro cars.
I hope you can add this modification.
THE B!
The journalist of ARM!!
My tournaments: PHAT SLUG TOURNAMENT, Captain Adeon: Car War, Arm Track Editor Fight Memorial Review Tournament, Transformers: the last Adeon
Manmountain

Re: New AI NODES

Unread post by Manmountain » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:26 pm

Although that pack and many of the new 'Super Pro' category cars can exceed 50 mph, the selection of tracks and the amount of times you would need your suggested node modes would be very rarely needed and the desired effect could be achieved with the current set of node modes.
Try a 'off throttle' node at a reasonable distance from an actual corner 'slow down' node. Create alternate racing lines, other than overtaking lines, for cars that might over shoot the desired racing line.

What current and in development tracks would you want these new slow down modes ?
ciccio

Re: New AI NODES

Unread post by ciccio » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:32 pm

I guess new nodes would help with creating tracks with more competitive, general purpose AI. For example a turn can be fast enough with slow cars to be taken full speed, but super pros, pros and even semi-pros may need to slow down to a fixed speed (i.e. 40mph, which is never even reached by rookies). This means you could actually have rookies run full speed without randomly slowing down before the straights and at the same time have pros and super pros slow down in those corners properly. To be honest the best solution would be to have a fully configurable node that let's you select the precise speed in mph and km/h (and maybe has a bunch of other properties) but that would need at least a partial rewrite of the AI nodes system I guess.