Ghost files repository

Be the master of time trials!
Avecezar

Ghost files repository

Unread post by Avecezar » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:32 pm

Hi all,

I would like to encourage you to share your ghost files. If you are bored racing against yourself only in time trials mode this is the way to enhance your experience. Sometimes you'll probably discover different race line and improve your skills.

For the purpose I decided to dedicate some space on my Synology server so everyone can upload ghost files you want to share with the community. It is as simple as my limited knowledge of the Synology server.

Just head over to https://avecezar.online/file/
Just note that I haven't installed security certificate for the domain name and this project has been in pause for a long time due to that. I'm planning to do it at some point but it seems too complicated for me right now. So when you try to open the website you will be warned that this is not secure connection or so.

Login using the following data:
username: rvgl
password: Ghost44!

For the sake of good order I created simple rules for upload; you'll find them on welcome page as well. These are necessary that if database grows it will be easy to find the desired ghost file. I don't have skills to allow specific files only (*.laplocal) or limited file size so I just count on your good cooperation.
There is limited number of login attempts, make sure to enter correct username and password otherwise you will be blocked for 48 hours. Please upload RVGL ghost files only according to the rules below and on the Revolt hideout. Please keep order on the server.
1. Place ghost files in dedicated folders. Open or create dedicated folder first.
2. If a folder doesn't exist create new one with the name of the track. Avoid spelling mistakes.
3. Give proper name to your ghost file before upload according to the pattern: track_name car_name ghost_time nickname(optional).laplocal eg. toys in the hood 1 rc bandit 51.356.laplocal You can add your nickname if you wish as well. It is not possible to change the file name after upload. If you make a mistake you won't be able to correct it yourself, then send me a message on discord (alpha centauri#2617) to do changes.
4. You can upload all combinations available for time trial: normal, reverse, mirror and reversed mirror.

DO NOT CREATE EMPTY FOLDERS! IF A FOLDER EXISTS IT MEANS A GHOST FILE CAN BE FOUND THERE.
I hope the webpage will open in your local language or English.
If the community is happy with the service we can continue the project. If you consider it somehow unsatisfactory we can transfer all data to other server or service.

For the starters I uploaded my 4 ghost files in normal mode, racing with Toyeca.

Short instruction what to do with downloaded ghost file:
Players can race against their own local ghost or someone else's downloaded ghost. A local ghost is saved in Re-Volt "times" folder as a .LapLocal file, while a downloaded ghost should have .LapDownload extension. A LapDownload file is just someone else's renamed LapLocal file. After placing a LapDownload file in your "times" folder, you can choose to use the Local or Downloaded ghost as opponent from Game Settings -> Split Times
SDeG