Stock Carboxes 256x256 Remake

Post your own tools and resources, as well as your cars and tracks.
Xarc

Stock Carboxes 256x256 Remake

Unread post by Xarc » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi to all, today is great day for those who hates 85x85 carboxes because i took my time to remake all of them to 256x256 while keeping them as similar as possible to the originals, please keep in mind that in some cases it was impossible to get a perfect match because some cars on the box have different proportions but i did my best, also I decided to use the RVGL version of DC cars becuase I tought that with a 256 res it was too evident that the car on the box is different from the actual car ingame, hope you like them!

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eio7jpfk2dni1 ... 6.zip?dl=0

To install replace carbox1 - 5.bmp in cars/misc with the new ones

Before & After Gallery:

Avecezar

Re: Stock Carboxes 256x256 Remake

Unread post by Avecezar » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:16 pm

I'm more than happy 😀
SDeG
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:16 pm

These are very nice Xarc, I'm wondering if you still have the copies with the layers separated (i.e. PDN or PSD format)? I could use them when making the carboxes for the Realistic R/C project.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:56 am

Although I won't use the high-res carboxes in my installation, I think you did an awesome job on these, Xarc! I guess this is very useful for things like the list of cars on re-volt.io and stuff like this. I love how detailed you worked, to get the exact same angle/view as in the original carboxes.

From my point of view, the only carboxes which feels quite different are: Genghis Kar (much darker), Aquasonic (slightly darker), Zipper (darker), and Mystery (different shape).

The RVGL versions from the DC cars looks good as well, but I think there would have been the original DC skins for at least JG-7, RG1 and RV Loco available?

However, good job! :re-volt:
Xarc

Unread post by Xarc » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:43 am

@Iron Bob yep I have all the layers you can contact me on discord when you need them

@Kiwi ty :D, yey some cars had different vertex paint on the box art, i decided not to "photoshop" them to make identical, i wanted the cars on the boxes to look like the actual cars ingame (and that's why i also used default RVGL skins for dc cars)
NVT_06

Unread post by NVT_06 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:56 am

Good job Xarc! If we want to be picky, there are a few small differences:
- The default skins for JG-7, RG1, RV Loco, SNW 35 and Purp XL are different from those that Acclaim used for the carboxes;
- In the original carboxes, Acclaim removed the aerial from all DC cars (or rather, it tried);
- On Adeon they placed the aerial on the right side of the car, but in the original carbox it is on the left side.

Overall, they deserve to replace the original ones forever! :D