Suggestion: More obtain methods for cars & tracks

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Razzoy

Suggestion: More obtain methods for cars & tracks

Unread post by Razzoy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:23 am

Hello fellow Revolt players!

So i noticed recently, that "Super Pro" cars are not possible to filter into any unlock criteria, unless you use the "OBTIAN -1" method.
I personally love to fiddle around with custom content, so that both custom cars and tracks are unlockable by In-game progress, and so this "issue" made me think of a possible way to make more OBTAIN methods!

My idea for this possible extension so far, is that there's already another unlock criteria used for obtaining the game mode "Clockwork Carnage", by getting the 20 stars in the Stunt Arena. Maybe that could be used as an "OBTAIN 5" for cars and tracks?

Any other ideas are probably welcome in here as well, in case people think of other possible "OBTAIN" methods!
agg1401

Re: Suggestion: More obtain methods for cars & tracks

Unread post by agg1401 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:32 am

I liked your opinion very much. If it were me, I would run in all-time mode.
Turkish Re-Volter.

:re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt:
Xarc

Re: Suggestion: More obtain methods for cars & tracks

Unread post by Xarc » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:40 am

obtain 5 is alredy implemented in the game (get all the stars in the arena)
but i actually have an idea to add potentially a lot of new ways to unlock cars,
my idea is to add a new setting in parameters.txt called "TargetTracks" which in combination with the obtain method defines on which tracks you have to play

some examples:
if Obtain is 4 (single races unlock)
and TargetTracks is:
TargetTracks{
petrol
quake
venice
}
means that the car can be unlocked by winning single races on PetroVolt, Quake and Venice

if Obtain is 3 (practice mode unlock)
and TargetTracks is:
TargetTracks{
spavolt1
spavolt2
}
means that the car can be unlocked by finidng the stars in practice mode in Spa-Volt 1 and Spa-Volt 2

if obtain is 5 (stunt arena tars unlock)
and TargetTracks is:
TargetTracks{
customStuntArena
}
means that the car can be unlocked by getting all the stars in that custom arena map

etc.. etc.. the only obtain methond that wouldn't work with this feature is the championship one, unless custom championships will be added in the future