Project GTP Re-Vamp

Post your own tools and resources, as well as your cars and tracks.
TrixedXD

Re-Volt Project GTP Re-Vamp

Unread post by TrixedXD » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:42 pm

GTP Re-Vamp is a project recently started which aims to rework from the base the well known GTP Pack, which contained 9 repainted and reparamised stock cars, released in 26 September 2006 by Manmountain. The idea is to keep most of the params intact, probably with small changes, but revamping the whole aspect of the base cars. To put it simple, remodeling and repainting the cars. All meshes are remodeled from the original ones, which means they use the same bases but heavily changed in order to look different.

http://revoltzone.net/cars/8044/GTP%209 ... )%20(Pack)

The GTP pack features:

GTP1 NO.17 - Adeon
GTP2 NO. 52 - Cougar
GTP3 NO. 22 - Humma
GTP4 NO. 69 - Zipper
GTP5 NO. 43 - Panga TC
GTP6 NO. 77 - Pest Control
GTP7 NO. 11 - Aquasonic
GTP8 NO. 57 - NY54
GTP9 NO. 8 - Sprinter XL

Each car will get a drastical body change along with a new identity. The numbers that each car has as decals will be the same. The main skins might differ from the original base, depending in how bland the original was. So far the progress is:

GTP1 - WIP🛠️

GTP2 - Not started yet. ❎

GTP3 - Apollo-22✅

GTP4 - RV-Thunder✅

GTP5 - WIP🛠️

GTP6 - WIP 🛠️

GTP7 - Not started yet. ❎

GTP8 - Acid Z-57✅

GTP9 - WIP 🛠️

A second thought of this project might be expending it with a couple of additions such as a Pace Car, a bodykit-less version of AMW, and more ideas to come. That's it so far. Hope you enjoy.

Big thanks to norfair, MightyCucumber burner94, Xarc, fr13ndz0n3dguy, and more for providing necessary materials such as decals, miscellaneous texture parts and guidence.
Last edited by TrixedXD on Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manmountain

Re: Project GTP Re-Vamp

Unread post by Manmountain » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:40 pm

I'm looking forward to this.

My original intension was to encourage a speed class above 'Pro', which has taken over a decade but now we have the 'Super Pro' class.
I don't mind a revamp of my original offerings, but do encourage others to submit their own original repaints, and not just of stock cars.

8-)
TrixedXD

Unread post by TrixedXD » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:37 pm

Manmountain wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:40 pm
My original intension was to encourage a speed class above 'Pro', which has taken over a decade but now we have the 'Super Pro' class.
I thought of just straight raise up the acceleration/top speed and called it a day, super pros but at the same time i don't want to flood the class, not sure yet about ratings.
Manmountain wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:40 pm I don't mind a revamp of my original offerings, but do encourage others to submit their own original repaints, and not just of stock cars.
Don't worry about it. 😎

I've been a fan of the pack since little, especially for the fact that back in the day I only enjoyed repainted content rather than the rest of the stuff out there. It's the least I can do. I'm glad you like the process, I wonder if I did nailed your expectation visual wise since it still is your pack after all. I wanted to keep the GTP race car theme although for GTP1, 8 and 9 went balls deep into the time attack area. :grimacing:

Updates: Added preview picture of GTP6 WIP.
Manmountain

Unread post by Manmountain » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:10 pm

TrixedXD wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:37 pm I wonder if I did nailed your expectation visual wise since it still is your pack after all. I wanted to keep the GTP race car theme although for GTP1, 8 and 9 went balls deep into the time attack area. :grimacing:

Updating the pack to make the best of the latest RVGL release is ALL GOOD by me, NICE job. 8-)