What's the way to race against a given set of opponents?

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
Avecezar

What's the way to race against a given set of opponents?

Unread post by Avecezar » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:30 pm

I would like to find a way to race against chosen opponent cars.
If I compile a pack with a bunch of cars, let's say 10 cars, and start single race with 11 cars, not all cars are selected by computer.
Instead some cars are showing twice or 3 times. Same happens in custom cup session.

Do u guys know how to avoid situations like on the screenshot where 3 same cars participate in a session? How to force the game to use predefined set of cars and without doubling them?
SDeG
Zeino

Re: What's the way to race against a given set of opponents?

Unread post by Zeino » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:00 am

For the repeating cars, just get more cars. Simple! Having predefined set of cars is not possible at the minute.You can only put the selected cars to the cars folder and its a really funky way I guess.
i drive bendor and

Avecezar

Unread post by Avecezar » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:36 am

Zeino wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:00 am You can only put the selected cars to the cars folder and its a really funky way I guess.
Yes, it's obvious that if you have more cars available for selection there won't be repetitions.

I put just 10 cars in a folder and CPU doesn't populate all the 10 available slots with these cars, there are repetitions.

I would like to test in a race environment predefined set of cars to find out which is best. Without car selection feature it's more complicated. I'd probably be able to test them all in a long run but it'd take many more sessions than mathematically required.
SDeG
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:29 am

@Avecezar: In the picture above, what was your car? Was it Acclaim F1? Although cars are repeated in a single race, they aren't repeated in championship mode unless the available cars in a class are all exhausted.
  • Let's say you have 5 pro cars installed and the cup requires 7 pro cars. The game selects 5 of them and the remaining 2 will repeat.
  • Assume again that the cup requires 7 pro cars, but you have none at all. The game will fill up all 7 slots with your own car.
So if you want a unique set of opponents in championship mode, look at the amount of cars needed by the cup in each class and install as many cars or more.
Avecezar

Unread post by Avecezar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:47 pm

Huki wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:29 am @Avecezar: In the picture above, what was your car? Was it Acclaim F1?
I drove with Toyeca. All remaining cars were rating 4.

I realized my failure to obtain all unique opponents:
[*] there was Panga in the set, which seems non-selectable by CPU
[*] Toyeca which I drove with was in the set of the 10 cars

Those 2 cars: Panga and Toyeca caused Acclaim F1 to be repeated 3 times.

So I removed Panga from the set of 10 cars, replaced it with 1 more car, plus added 1 more car to cover Toyeca I was using.
In the end there were 10 unique cars in the folder and Toyeca in the root folder.
From this point all cars were unique in championship mode :-)

It seems that car uniqueness is preserved in single race mode as well. :o :D
Randomness is fine but being able to select desired cars for a race is even more interesting.
At least there is a way to achieve it with folder content manipulation but I wish it could be implemented in the game itself.
SDeG