Sugestion for new tracks

Talk about general topics regarding Re-Volt and the community.
Diehlwolf

Sugestion for new tracks

Unread post by Diehlwolf » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:31 am

Hey guys, whats up?
First of all, i´m here to say thank you all for developing this game, i discover this game cause my girlfriend loves it so much, and then we find out the RVGL Project and she becomes reeeeeally happy with it. We were thinking about give the sugestion of new tracks to bem developed, we don´t have the experience of develop games :grimacing: , but we like to contribute with these ideas:

- London : A track based on the City of London, with some nice tourist spots like the Big Ben, London Eye.
- Los Angeles: The same idea
- New York
- Hogwarts: From Harry Potter movies. ;)
- The Wondeland: From Alice in Wonderland
- Disney World
- The Forman´s house: From That 70´s Show
- Springfield: From The Simpsons
- Bikini Bottom: From Spongebob Squarepants
Kipy

Re: Sugestion for new tracks

Unread post by Kipy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:47 pm

As we mentioned in other topics as well, creators in this game hardly ever do requests. Some of these are already made with silly/old lego way or with less objects (e.g. London you've mentioned).
Your best chance is going through trackmaking tutorials and build up these yourself.
Diehlwolf

Unread post by Diehlwolf » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:53 pm

Nice, i´ll try to :D. Thanks!
Avecezar

Unread post by Avecezar » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:25 pm

Ideas for new tracks are always welcome :) . You may inspire creators :idea: .
SDeG
hajducsekb

Unread post by hajducsekb » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:00 am

Hey! I'm glad you found RVGL, welcome to the community!
Regarding the ideas.. in general, I think it's nice that you want to contribute with ideas, since these could always inspire track creators. However, I feel that your ideas won't really get made for certain reasons. One thing that I find common between the ideas is that they're reality-based. Most if not all regularly raced Re-Volt tracks have a fictional element to them, and that makes them great. This way, creators aren't bound to the limits of the world, instead they are the ones setting the limits.
Diehlwolf wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:31 am - London : A track based on the City of London, with some nice tourist spots like the Big Ben, London Eye.
- New York
These tracks are all based on real-life cities. But if creators wanted to create a track around a specific city, they would have probably done that by now. Furthermore, most RV tracks take place at a specific venue, not a whole city. The streets usually don't make for that good of a raceline.
Diehlwolf wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:31 am - Hogwarts: From Harry Potter movies. ;)
- Disney World
These ones.. well, I have a few further issues with these. I think mentioning these ideas won't inspire creators if they didn't inspire them while watching said movies. But my biggest problem.. these ideas are all "branded" ideas. I personally wouldn't want to create a track that's basically free advertisement for a freaking billion dollar corporation. ;)

On top of all this, to inspire creators, you probably also need to tell them what would make these themes work well in RV.
Of course, there are always exceptions, and the above is just my personal view on the matter. :)
HAJDUC DOT COM
Tubers

Unread post by Tubers » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:05 pm

Diehlwolf wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:31 am - London : A track based on the City of London, with some nice tourist spots like the Big Ben, London Eye.
- New York
- Hogwarts: From Harry Potter movies. ;)
- Disney World
  • Conversion from other games like Metropolis Street Racer may work
  • Add a hollywood mountain as a texture with a random yellow Taxi cars and palm trees, seems easy
  • Whereabouts in New York exactly?
  • "I have no great opinion of it. When so many adult critics were carrying on about the "incredible originality" of the first Harry Potter book, I read it to find out what the fuss was about, and remained somewhat puzzled; it seemed a lively kid's fantasy crossed with a "school novel", good fare for its age group, but stylistically ordinary, imaginatively derivative, and ethically rather mean-spirited." - Ursula K. Le Guin (I hated Harry Potter)
  • Let's create something that we can get sued for :tubers:
  • Somebody did a Sims House of it already https://youtu.be/2hOpXqXIXuo
  • Rip the model from Hit and Run and boom!
  • Don't care about Spongebob but this clip is a guilty pleasure https://youtu.be/3aIVkzv_Y1k
:gabe: