New camera and game modes

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Avecezar

New camera and game modes

Unread post by Avecezar » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:15 pm

• Please consider making a new camera centered on currently selected car and revolving around him 360 deg continuously until interrupted. A free F function key could be assigned. Minus and plus keys could decrease and increase rotation speed respectively. This could nicely serve for in-game car presentation and satisfy those curious how the specific car looks around.
  • So much longed for knock-out mode. Nothing more to add, self explanatory.
  • Mode inspired by some recent races, utilizing existing tracks but with different aim: namely 1 car should reach the finish line in a predefined time and all other cars would try to prevent it to happen, all trick allowed. Pick ups on or off. Timer would count down. Jumps like in battle tag mode as option.
SDeG
VaidX47
Administrator

Re: New camera and game modes

Unread post by VaidX47 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:04 pm

@1st suggestion:
Is it for frontend after choosing a carbox? I had something in mind to allow players freely rotate selected car in the car select screen (originally before car skins got implemented, in the same screen).

The camera control handler itself is already implemented in the second dev/TVTIME F6 mode (QE zoom; WASD rotation), however it currently still has issues with max zoom and Y rotation axis levels (is there any proper limitation in the code to begin with, hence the problem?), which may cause screen flickering while holding buttons after a certain point.
For the frontend implementation case, limiting Y rot axis to not cut the bottom of the floor, as well as limiting how much you should be able to zoom out, which won't be a whole lot, considering how close the car gets dropped to other carboxes, adding missing collision to frontend and implementing collision hit detection to the 2nd F6 camera would likely solve the wall/box cutting issue. Perhaps calculate camera POV limitations from the car hull size too?
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
Avecezar

Unread post by Avecezar » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:12 pm

It could be for frontend as well. I use tvtime option and F6 currently in game. However thought of using dedicated key to do it automatically with rotation speed adjustment and possibly distance to the car adjustment.
SDeG
Ato

Unread post by Ato » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:42 am

The rotating camera is already implemented. In -dev mode, hit Right Control + F11 a few time.s. It's the race-end rota-cam, can be used for the etire replay like that. Sweet :) Not adjustable for distance and rotation, but it wokrs. I’m using it all the time (I’m raceing with dev mode anyway).

Greetz,
Ato

P.S. Took it from the RVGL documentation at I/O website.