Legit speed ranges for all car ranks

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
Avecezar

Legit speed ranges for all car ranks

Unread post by Avecezar » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:02 pm

Hi,

What are present community-wide accepted speed ranges for all car ranks?

As a reminder stock cars including Dreamcast have speeds as follows:
Rookie: 29.7 - 32.8 mph,
Amateur: 30.9 - 35.1 mph,
Advanced: 33.6 - 37.2 mph,
Semi-Pro: 36.0 - 41.4 mph,
Pro: 38.8 - 43.3 mph
SDeG
Manmountain

Re: Legit speed ranges for all car ranks

Unread post by Manmountain » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:14 pm

Super-Pro: 43.1 mph - W.T.F !!! :D :D lol
Avecezar

Unread post by Avecezar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:24 pm

Manmountain, even you can't answer this 🤔?
SDeG
Skarma

Unread post by Skarma » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:13 pm

Speed ranges could be anywhere as long as the car is balanced for the class it's intended to be in. For Super Pro, it's 39.9 MPH to 50 MPH.
Manmountain

Unread post by Manmountain » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:48 pm

Skarma wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:13 pm Speed ranges could be anywhere as long as the car is balanced for the class it's intended to be in. For Super Pro, it's 39.9 MPH to 50 MPH.
NAH ! I have several Super-Pro cars well in excess of 60 mph, or should these be classed as Ultra Pro ? lol
Avecezar

Unread post by Avecezar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:49 pm

How do you assess if the car is balanced? If speed is not the reference then what? So Cougar is balanced because having higher speed than toyeca has worse acceleration?
SDeG
Skarma

Unread post by Skarma » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:11 am

Manmountain wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:48 pmNAH ! I have several Super-Pro cars well in excess of 60 mph, or should these be classed as Ultra Pro ? lol
Long ago, in RV's old days, no-one cared about making properly balanced cars for any of the classes and none of the stock classes themselves were balanced, both for time trial pacing and pickup races.
Avecezar wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:49 pm How do you assess if the car is balanced? If speed is not the reference then what? So Cougar is balanced because having higher speed than toyeca has worse acceleration?
I/O has a curated and properly balanced set of cars, including stocks, that are all assessed and balanced according to their lap times on some tracks and how they fair in general in online pickup races. There are a few cars that have significant advantages and disadvantages on certain tracks as well as the parameters themselves, but it all balances out when used by differing skill levels of online racers.

The I/O "Super Pro" class was built upon the pace of the existing Pro cars and it was taken from there. Some people choose to ignore this class, which is fine, but I don't care if they do because nothing else is really comparable, especially any 60+ MPH rail handling cars. These are usually ignored in the modern era of balanced cars. We take a very stringent view on the classes and meta these days.
Manmountain

Unread post by Manmountain » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:18 am

There is probably a sliding scale for several different aspects of each class of cars overall performance.
Like you say, higher speeds yet slower acceleration.
There'll be others for grip and over/under steer, weight and inertia.
Each parameter section can affect max speed and acceleration.