Racing tracks from both ends (starting in opposite directions)

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
7wells

Racing tracks from both ends (starting in opposite directions)

Unread post by 7wells » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:36 pm

Hello!

Would it make sense (and be fun) to race a track from both ends? I.e. half of the cars (+/-1) start from the default start of the track, the others from its end - and they very likely will hit each other somewhere in the middle (unless the track had deviations to take). Am I overseeing something that would make this impossible (or just nonsense)? Again, thanks for frankly sharing your thoughts.
Last edited by 7wells on Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Avecezar

Re: Racing tracks from both ends

Unread post by Avecezar » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:20 pm

This seems interesting. Starting in opposite directions 😱 Should be a lot of fun when you meet somewhere in the middle and it would promote reverse mode as well. It's a nice idea 👍
SDeG
SebR

Re: Racing tracks from both ends (starting in opposite directions)

Unread post by SebR » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:35 pm

There is a track with a small part like that : Blue Dolphin

And another with a start/race line split in two different ways : CHRISTMAS SPECIAL STAGE BY CRESCVIPER

so i think it's already possible to make it now ;)
Damn DROPBOX !!! If you found broken link PM me

AlicebanD an English voice that you must discover !!
7wells

Re: Racing tracks from both ends (starting in opposite directions)

Unread post by 7wells » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:25 am

Oh, I see - good to know! ;) It indeed works nicely on the Blue Dolphin track. :)

So does this mean that by "simply" adding another "button" (or similar) to any(!) track would result in the possibility to race against opponents from opposite sides?

There is already the possibility to hit the left/right and up/down arrows on the track selection screen to race the track mirrored/non-mirrored and/or straight/reverse. Maybe on that track selection screen we could add a possibility that some cars start from the opposite side? Could we offer the user to chose if half of the cars, provide the number of the cars, all AI cars, all cars except for player number <x>, or some other flexibility?

I wrote "we" - please accept my apologies as I am not a developer and have no experience with coding, but maybe I can help anyway. :)