Jump start, drifting, jumping in BattleTag, etc.?

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
7wells

Jump start, drifting, jumping in BattleTag, etc.?

Unread post by 7wells » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:28 pm

Hello!

Is there some kind of jump start, i.e. starting quicker than others when hitting the acceleration button at exactly the right time when the race starts?

Is there some special way for drifting? I.e. pushing some button while turning the wheel, or braking while turning, or something else?

In BattleTag one can jump with the "reposition" key, I read. Which key/button is this?

Finally, I vaguely remember a website by a fan of RVGL with hints for racing, but I cannot find it anymore. Can somebody please give me a hint about this, if known?

Thank you!
Zeino

Re: Jump start, drifting, jumping in BattleTag, etc.?

Unread post by Zeino » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:02 am

1. Startboost occurs when you press gas exactly when the 1 appears completely afaik.
2. Trial and error, it's also dependant on the car you are using.
3. Its whatever you set your reposition key to be.
4. There's two. Andor made a great one. Also, Green Galaxy.
i drive bendor and

7wells

Unread post by 7wells » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:00 am

Oh, now I understand, what "reposition" means - it's simply to put the car back on its 4 wheels. I mistakenly thought that this was some other ("special") key. :oops: Well, now I know it and will try. ;)

And thanks also for your other explanations and the links - really worh reading. :)
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:54 pm

As for drifting it's not really possible to do with standard RC cars, as they are too volatile even in real life, in revolt too. There are special custom cars with custom parameters to allow for drifting (sliding) around on tracks. With normal cars the thing you can do close to a drift is either driving on ice or doing a powerslide for example with humma, but that can be only for a very short amount of time.
7wells

Unread post by 7wells » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:02 pm

Thanks again also for this information. I assume that for sliding not only appropriate cars (and skills ;)) are needed, but ideally also one of the drifting tracks, right?
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:18 pm

sure, drift tracks are just to make drift cars races more interesting, balanced predictive, perhaps more competitive. car can be used on any track