Game mode

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
LaggeeROK

Game mode

Unread post by LaggeeROK » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:18 am

Make a game mode with a random car for each player and ofc random skin.

Would be good to have flexible settings on this mode: how many times one car can repeat, from which classes cars will be ( one class, mixed or all ), or to not repeat cars at all

Cars can be given to players only related to what cars host has
ZipperZbieracz

Re: Game mode

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:32 pm

There is a cheat code that randomizes cars for players, doesn't it work in multiplayer? I think it should.
LaggeeROK

Unread post by LaggeeROK » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:59 am

I heard that most cheat codes work only on ancient versions of a game. And i dont know this one and didnt notice that someone hosted session with it
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:04 am

Yea can just ue the cheat code and randomize cars before the race and the host may just pick cars during the game or can just randomize cars through the game mode.

Unread post by 607 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:59 pm

ZipperZbieracz wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:04 am Yea can just ue the cheat code and randomize cars before the race and the host may just pick cars during the game or can just randomize cars through the game mode.
What's the cheat? The option in options will give everyone the same car instead of everyone a different car.
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:16 am

607 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:59 pm
ZipperZbieracz wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:04 am Yea can just ue the cheat code and randomize cars before the race and the host may just pick cars during the game or can just randomize cars through the game mode.
What's the cheat? The option in options will give everyone the same car instead of everyone a different car.
JOKER. Wiki says it's been in the game since 1.0/1.1, so I'm not sure anymore what cheat code did Huki add in 19.1001a update…
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:53 am

ZipperZbieracz wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:16 am
607 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:59 pm
JOKER. Wiki says it's been in the game since 1.0/1.1, so I'm not sure anymore what cheat code did Huki add in 19.1001a update…
Cheat code added in 19.1001a was indeed JOKER. The original versions had it so you can type 'joker' blindly in the middle of an online race and the other players' cars will change to yours. It was multiplayer only, and moreover it was not to be entered at the name wheel in any of the original versions. Wiki probably has wrong info. This original version of 'joker' was then removed in 1.2a, because any player was able to use it, not just the host.

The new JOKER is a proper name wheel cheat, and it has different behavior in single / multi and clockwork modes (and in multi, it's only usable by the host).
LaggeeROK

Unread post by LaggeeROK » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:39 pm

With JOKER now all clear, it gives only one and the only car chosen by a host to all racers,
but what about different cars for each racer?

Unread post by 607 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:16 pm

I reckon that the same code for selecting the CPU cars could be used.