I can't make my "car" stable

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
GianaSistersFan64

I can't make my "car" stable

Unread post by GianaSistersFan64 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:54 am

Hello, i'm new to the forum.

I've been recently making a car, or more specifically, a bicycle, playable in RVGL. However, i can't find the right car parameter values to make it stable. when driving and taking a turn, it doesn't stay straight and jump everytime. Also i based it of Bike from the Dev version of Re-Volt.

Here's the bicycle : https://www.mediafire.com/file/v7hag5a9 ... s.zip/file

Any help would be appreciated! :)
Last edited by GianaSistersFan64 on Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manmountain

Re: I can't make my "car" stable

Unread post by Manmountain » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:35 pm

On a quick look at the parameters, the middle inertia value is too low and the COM middle value is right below the floor, yes I know the COM for bikes has to be set differently to allow the correct lean, but those are things that can create the shaking and jumping of models.
Try rising the inertia value first to see if that reduces the issue.
Ato

Unread post by Ato » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:01 am

Ineertias are fine. COM was way too far down. Made it -33 and all is well (still underground like it's supposed to, but not too far). But the bicycle is abit understeering. Try setting SteerRatio to -0.250000, or alternatively the second Inertia just a bit lower, like 616, but not less or it starts wobbling again.
Btw, I like the model :)

Greetz,
Ato
GianaSistersFan64

Unread post by GianaSistersFan64 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:18 pm

Thank you for your help :) It drives better now. But there is another issue... It takes fireworks and water balloons itself. Is there a way to fix it?
Manmountain

Unread post by Manmountain » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:48 pm

The 'Weapon' position needs adjusting, as the weapon position takes it's starting position from the COM position.
Try and raise it.
GianaSistersFan64

Unread post by GianaSistersFan64 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:47 pm

Thank you, it works way better now :)