race ideas

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Horsepowergeek

race ideas

Unread post by Horsepowergeek » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:25 pm

Hi, I'm a little new to the forum but I relatively know how this works, but anyways, I have a couple ideas some people may be interested in

timed races: races, but instead of laps, its based off time (ex: 24 hours of Le Mans) this could help with endurance races so that everyone finishes at the same time and not 5 or even 10 minutes apart
while searching, this has been mentioned, so I am just bringing it up again

multi-class races:now this would have to go hand-in-hand with timed races because of as I stated earlier, different finishing times, but multi-class races, where rookies and super pro cars race at the same time, now this is possible in Online, but what about with the AI?, this would work well for people who want to do something similar to IMSA with rookies, semi-pros and pros racing at the same time, and go hand-in-hand with timed races so that we don't wait 5 minutes for the rookies to finish when the pros have already finished

I thought that some people would find this interesting so I figured id put it out there
agg1401

Re: race ideas

Unread post by agg1401 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:02 am

Hi.

In my personal opinion, the game of these ideas causes balance problems.
Turkish Re-Volter.

:re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt:
Ato

Unread post by Ato » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:36 am

Timed races are a good idea.

About multi-class races: balance problems are not always relevant in offline races, because everyone sets up their opponents as they want anyway and it doesn't affect other offline players. I've been doing exclusively multiclass races against AI in my offline gaming, and it requires me to edit the Rating parameter of every single vehicle in my "merry circus" (setting to 0). It would be nice to have an option for that. (I understand the old WolfR4 had a similar setting for ResMod 1.)

Greetz,
Ato

Unread post by 607 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:07 am

Yeah, it would be nice to have multi-class races!
Another feature I have requested (I think?) was to be able to choose the rating to race against, or at least choose what player will decide the rating to race against. When my brother was young, I played Rookie and he played Pro, but that meant we played against Rookies, and we were pretty much always at the front. If we could play against Pros it would've been more interesting.