A new node mode for RVGL

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Reptillian

A new node mode for RVGL

Unread post by Reptillian » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:18 am

Hi, I have been trouble getting AI to avoid spinouts, and it is because the ramp is noticeably inclined, but not too inclined, and it is quite long. I would like to have a new property that means "Only acceleration". Basically, this means only acceleration.

Thank you for your consideration,
Reptillian
Manmountain

Re: A new node mode for RVGL

Unread post by Manmountain » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:32 pm

Not really sure what the issue is that you are experiencing, or what exactly the "new node mode" is and how it would need to be implemented. Surely the correct AI nodes placed in the optimal positions would solve you issue ?
Please could you explain in more detail ?
Reptillian

Unread post by Reptillian » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:02 pm

Ok, I was thinking of a new property instead, but I forgot that word for a minute. My problem is that cars slide off a path in slope when going uphill. No property or fixes to path would solve it as in there's zero solution. A theoretical property in which cars keep accelerator on would solve this problem. I would have to e-mail you the track if you need it to see for yourself.

Manmountain

Unread post by Manmountain » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:28 pm

I'm assuming the surface friction/property is ICE or similar low friction, as to why the cars slide on slopes ?
Remember that a cars reset point is the nearest AI node the car has just passed, so remove the nodes on the slope and have the nearest reset node at the start of the run up.
Also, the basic default racing line node is full throttle.