Tracks with non-default gravity?

Talk about general topics regarding Re-Volt and the community.

Tracks with non-default gravity?

Unread post by 607 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:15 pm

Since RVGL 19.1230a, it's been possible to change the gravity on a Re-Volt track. I was expecting quite some tracks to be created with extra high or extra low gravity, but don't actually recall any. Have there been none?
If you are a creator yourself, have you considered using different gravity for a track? If yes, what put you off it?
Keyran

Re: Tracks with non-default gravity?

Unread post by Keyran » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:37 pm

Isivolt 2 has a slighlty lower gravity which allows Pro cars with a battery and Super Pro cars to take a shortcut when entering the virtual reality section (they can jump over the wall with enough speed). But the main reason behind this is to make the cars fall slower from the plane at the start line. The default value is 2200, Isivolt 2 has 2000. I have intentionnaly chosen a value to keep the original gravity feeling - and you haven't noticed it when you played it ;)

More recently, I even forgot to consider this feature for my track Antigrav SC, I have added force fields that stick the car to the walls and the ceiling instead. Maybe I should have done the opposite, with force fields that keep the cars to the ground in normal sections, at least in the stunt arena.

I also don't remember any other track that uses it.
Re-Volter since 2004 and creator since 2020.
rodik

Unread post by rodik » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:49 pm

This has already been used in some tracks, such as Spider Volt by Duc and Antigravitation by Lentizzz. In addition, force fields are used in tracks with water. You can see it in almost every track of mine.

Now, why few people use it: It can play a bad game on the control of light cars. If you make these force fields less strong, they will be almost non-functional for heavy cars. So, it's all because of the weight.

Unread post by 607 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:28 pm

Keyran wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:37 pm Isivolt 2 has a slighlty lower gravity which allows Pro cars with a battery and Super Pro cars to take a shortcut when entering the virtual reality section (they can jump over the wall with enough speed). But the main reason behind this is to make the cars fall slower from the plane at the start line. The default value is 2200, Isivolt 2 has 2000. I have intentionnaly chosen a value to keep the original gravity feeling - and you haven't noticed it when you played it ;)

More recently, I even forgot to consider this feature for my track Antigrav SC, I have added force fields that stick the car to the walls and the ceiling instead. Maybe I should have done the opposite, with force fields that keep the cars to the ground in normal sections, at least in the stunt arena.

I also don't remember any other track that uses it.
Huh, interesting! Thanks for the reply. :D
rodik wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:49 pm This has already been used in some tracks, such as Spider Volt by Duc and Antigravitation by Lentizzz. In addition, force fields are used in tracks with water. You can see it in almost every track of mine.

Now, why few people use it: It can play a bad game on the control of light cars. If you make these force fields less strong, they will be almost non-functional for heavy cars. So, it's all because of the weight.
I am not talking about force fields, I am talking about gravity. Force fields affecting cars of different weight differently is precisely why adjustable gravity is a useful feature! Gravity affects all cars equally.