Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ 7z ]
Download macOS [ dmg ]
Download Android [ apk ]
Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dcpack.zip updated!
Download the Community Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
Download the Controller Map Android app: rvgl_controllermap.apk updated!
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs
Full game downloads are available at Re-Volt I/O.
The network version has been updated!
Mandatory Disclosure: It's been a while since the last RVGL release, but the project is very much alive and kicking! In the past year we've had two new members join the development team, and they've been doing an amazing job. Please welcome BGM and Vas0sky!
You can now set your own qualification rules for custom championship cups. (#1486) There is a new entry called "QualifyPos" to set the minimum finish position to qualify per race (1-16, defaults to 3).
Furthermore, it is now possible to edit stock cups and cheat your way towards victory. For stock cups, there is a new entry "UnlockPos" to set the minimum overall podium position to unlock the next cup (1-3, defaults to 1). Do note however that edited stock cups show up as (CHT) at the cup selection screen.
For more information on these options, check the documentation.
Dynamic Rear View:
When pressing the Look Back button, the behavior of the rearview camera has improved. Instead of always using the attached rearview camera, the rearview complements the currently active forward view. The feature is however disabled by default, and needs to be enabled through your profile.ini. There is a new profile.ini option called "RearViewType", which can be 0 (dynamic rearview) or 1 (classic rearview), with 1 being the default option.
- DRINKME cheat is now supported in multiplayer. The cheat can be enabled or disabled by the host.
- The host IP can now be specified with an optional server port. (eg., 192.168.1.4:6666 or b.rv.gl:4444). This way, clients do not need to use the "-serverport" launch parameter to specify the server port.
- Cars have collisions enabled at the start grid and no longer appear ghosting (prevents objects like tumbleweed getting struck within the car's body).
- Teleportation and desync of objects like traffic cones and tumbleweeds. (#1531)
- Desync issues with pickups (#1537) and firework targets not working. (#1515)
- Train and sliding door objects are now kept in sync for all players. (#1532)
- Use the launch parameter "-largereplays" to enable saving of large replays (up to 1GB).
- Firing of the star weapon (global pulse) is now stored in the replay.
- DRINKME cheat is now handled correctly in saved replay files.
When using the TVTIME cheat code, -tvtime launch parameter, or DEV mode, you have new shortcut keys abailable:
- Right Ctrl + F11: Cycle through "follow" cameras.
- Right Shift + F11: Cycle through "attached" cameras.
- Left Shift + F7: Hide the race results screen.
- The behavior of reposition triggers in Stunt Arenas has improved. If a Stunt Arena track provides AI Nodes, the game can now use them for triggered repositioning instead of resetting the car all the way back to the start grid. Manual reposition works the same way as before.
- The maximum size of the Water Box object has been increased to 20000 units on each side, consistent with other box type objects.
- Track Zones now properly support low-CoM cars. (#1549)
- This release includes fixed collision data for Toy World 2.
- Fixed a broken shadow box in Toys in the Hood 2.
- The Market sliding door has a fix to enable shininess over the glass surface.
- DC Pack: Bossvolt has an updated body mesh with proper underside mapping.
- Updated shaders with better handling of fog and shininess.
- Several language files have received corrections.
- Windows XP support has been restored.
- Fixed issues launching the game on newer GNU/Linux distros. (#1556)
- Fixed reflections not working in areas that contain overlapping mirror planes (*.rim).
- Fixed cases where oil slick dropped just in front of a fastly moving car does not affect the car's wheels. (#1535) NOTE: There is still a similar situation where oil does not affect the car's wheel when driving in reverse. This is a known issue.