Making a track unselectable by Random Tracks

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.

Making a track unselectable by Random Tracks

Unread post by 607 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:48 am

Hi, is it possible to make a track unselectable by Random Tracks without removing it from your installation?
motorhand

Re: Making a track unselectable by Random Tracks

Unread post by motorhand » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:52 pm

Should be out when you rename its main folder.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:09 pm

Another possibility would be to add
OBTAIN -1
in the tracks inf-file, and set it back to 0 (or remove the OBTAIN-line) after you want to play the track again.

Reference: https://re-volt.gitlab.io/rvgl-docs/tracks.html#obtain

But I guess you want to have the track still available for "normal" playing. I don't think this can be done in the current RVGL version. A new parameter in the tracks inf-file (like "RANDOM 1" or "RANDOM 0") would be needed to be implemented. Not sure if it's really worth, but it also would not hurt to have something like this available, I guess. :) Especially special tracks, where for example the AI can't race well (or can't race at all), could set this new parameter, so the track don't have to be skipped during a random tracks session.

Unread post by 607 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:24 pm

kiwi wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:09 pm Another possibility would be to add
OBTAIN -1
in the tracks inf-file, and set it back to 0 (or remove the OBTAIN-line) after you want to play the track again.

Reference: https://re-volt.gitlab.io/rvgl-docs/tracks.html#obtain

But I guess you want to have the track still available for "normal" playing. I don't think this can be done in the current RVGL version. A new parameter in the tracks inf-file (like "RANDOM 1" or "RANDOM 0") would be needed to be implemented. Not sure if it's really worth, but it also would not hurt to have something like this available, I guess. :) Especially special tracks, where for example the AI can't race well (or can't race at all), could set this new parameter, so the track don't have to be skipped during a random tracks session.
Yeah, my use case is personal, but it could also be useful for things like boat tracks and no-repo tracks, if you're keeping those in your main installation.
Anyway, setting obtain to -1 is a good idea, I might do that!