New AI nodes

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Wichilie

New AI nodes

Unread post by Wichilie » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:17 am

While doing AI nodes for Spa-Volt 1, I ran into a problem at this part:

Here, slow cars drop down and take a detour through a maintenance area while fast cars jump the gap and go straight up the stairs a bit further. However, since there is no way to discern between fast and slow cars I was forced to only use the slow route (as otherwise rookie through advanced cars would fail the jump and crash every other round). Unfortunately this of course also massively impacts the lap time for pro's.

To solve these kinds of issues I propose a bunch of new nodes:
  • Current speed (20 / 25 / 30 / 35 mph)
  • Top speed (30 / 35 / 40 mph)
Current speed would help in situation like the one above where a jump or hill climb requires a certain speed. Top speed would work the other way, where you can send rookies onto a route favored for them. (While pro's can of course do any route rookies can do, some tight paths that rookies would want to take might not be the best choice for them if there is an more open alternative. This distinction should be able to be made regardless of current speed.)

(The numbers are just a suggestion, if we actually decide to implement this they would have to be properly determined.)
SebR

Re: New AI nodes

Unread post by SebR » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:12 pm

try "soft suspension" on the left and "petrol throttle" on the right
and don't forget to add a little "xx slow down" before to let enouth time to all cars to choose the "good" way
Damn DROPBOX !!! If you found broken link PM me

AlicebanD an English voice that you must discover !!