[RVGL Release] 18.1126a

News and announcements about RVGL's development.
Huki
Developer

[RVGL Release] 18.1126a

Unread post by Huki » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:58 am

RVGL has been updated to 18.1126a!

Update:
Download Win32 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Win64 [ setup | 7z ]
Download Linux [ setup | 7z ]
Download Android [ apk ]

Visit the topics for the Android version and the Shader edition for more information.

Goodies:
Download the Dreamcast Pack: rvgl_dc_pack.7z (updated this time)
Download the Community Soundtrack: soundtrack.zip
Download the Controller Map Android app: rvgl_controller_map.apk
More about the update and RVGL: changelog | docs

Full game downloads are available at distribute.re-volt.io.

Image The network version has been updated!

Improved Language Support:
The language name and locale are now specified in the strings file using a new syntax. There are new escape sequences \LN and \LC (similar to the version specifiers \VP, \VS, etc), with the following syntax:

Code: Select all

\LN<Language Name>
\LC<Language Locale>
These lines can occur anywhere in the file, but they are added to the end of the file to keep backward compatibility. Here's a sample taken from french.txt:

Code: Select all

\LNFrançais
\LCfr
Specifying a locale enables locale-sensitive case mapping. For example, i is capitalized to İ in Turkish (tr) locale and I in other locales. (#304) For more detailed information, see the updated Language section in the RVGL docs.

Additional Character Sets:
Support has been added for the following character sets:
  • Turkish (I ı İ i)
  • Slovak (ĺ Ĺ ŕ Ŕ ľ Ľ)
  • Bavarian (ĕ Ĕ ŏ Ŏ)
  • Welsh (ẁ Ẁ ẃ Ẃ ŵ Ŵ ẅ Ẅ)
  • Livonian (ō Ō ȳ Ȳ ḑ Ḑ ȯ Ȯ ȱ Ȱ ǟ Ǟ ȭ Ȭ)
  • Vietnamese (large set of tonal marks)
There is also support for the romanization of widely used non-latin alphabets:
  • Indic
  • Cyrillic
  • Greek
  • Georgian
  • Armenian
For more detailed information, including the supported romanization schemes and a complete list of all supported characters, see the Internationalization section in the RVGL docs.

Other Changes:
  • The title font now supports apostrophe (eg, SALLE D'ATTENTE).
  • Updated Italian strings from the localization repo.
Fixes:
  • Shaders: Fix for shadow clipping (optimized world files are included).
  • Shaders: Fix objects visible in reflection beyond the specified mirror height.
  • Fix glitch with legacy renderer when a reflective surface and waterbox are used together. (#224)
  • A collision issue affecting certain animated objects such as sliding doors has been fixed. (#303)
  • Menu inputs not working in the in-game lobby (TAB) screen. (#306)
  • Fix text colours for more than 16 players (moar colorz!).
  • Linux: fix_cases skips the licenses folder.
[hide=Show changelog of this version]
18.1126a:
| Pumped network version.

Add:
  [General]
  - New language strings syntax: The language name and locale are now specified 
    using escape sequences \LN and \LC, with the following syntax:
    \LN<Language Name>
    \LC<Language Locale>
    Existing language files are updated to use the new format.
  - Locale support: Language text case conversions are now locale-aware. Eg, i 
    is capitalized to İ in Turkish locale and I in other locales. The locale is 
    specified as an ISO 639-1 language code in the strings file.
  - Extended support for Latin alphabets. Additional characters for Turkish, 
    Slovak, Bavarian, Welsh, Livonian and Vietnamese, and Romanisation schemes 
    for Indic, Slavic, Greek, Georgian and Armenian. Title font now supports 
    apostrophe.

Mod:
  [General]
  - Linux: The 'fix_cases' script now skips the licenses folder.
  - Now includes world files optimized for the shader renderer for all default 
    levels. Also updated DC Pack (Rooftops).
  - Updated Italian strings.
  [Graphics]
  - Shaders: Optimized GPU upload of mirrored world meshes for large levels.
  - Improved rendering of the Vietnamese horn diacritic.
  [Multi]
  - Updated text colours for player chat messages.

Fix:
  [General]
  - A collision issue affecting certain animated objects such as the Market 2 
    sliders has been fixed. The behavior of the sliding door animation upon 
    pause / resume is also improved.
  [Graphics]
  - Shaders: Fixed vertical fog cutoff (objects visible in reflection beyond 
    the specified mirror height). Updated shaders.
  - Fixed glitch / crash with the legacy renderer when a reflective surface and 
    waterbox are used together.
  [Multi]
  - Fixed menu inputs not working in the in-game lobby (TAB) screen.
[/hide]
agg1401

Re: [RVGL Release] 18.1126a

Unread post by agg1401 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:24 am

Thank.
Turkish Re-Volter.

:re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt:
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:43 pm

I updated the version to 18.1126a. This is a hotfix for a locale-specific issue.

Changelog:
  • Fixes a parameters parsing issue that caused strange glitches on non-english locales. (#312)
  • Removed the detection and logging of the system locale (the value is not used anyway).
If you've downloaded release 18.1125a in the meantime, be sure to update again.
Pyves

Unread post by Pyves » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Thank you for the update!
fedorenko

Unread post by fedorenko » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 am

Huki wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:58 am
There is also support for the romanization of widely used non-latin alphabets:
  • Indic
  • Cyrillic
  • Greek
  • Georgian
  • Armenian
For more detailed information, including the supported romanization schemes and a complete list of all supported characters, see the Internationalization section in the RVGL docs.
Hi. I read this guide, but could not understand how can I add cyrilic chars (I want to create ukrainian localization) Can you explain what should I do to create my localization? Thx
svito

Unread post by svito » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:46 pm

fedorenko wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 am Hi. I read this guide, but could not understand how can I add cyrilic chars (I want to create ukrainian localization) Can you explain what should I do to create my localization? Thx
I'm Ukrainian as well and wanted to translate this game. Unfortunately it looks like font is a single texture (gfx/font.{bmp,bmq}). One could use transliteration, which is not the best way as it is not used normally anywhere. Ideally game would use real font via SDL_ttf with real fonts and this would be more scalable solution.
fedorenko

Unread post by fedorenko » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:30 am

svito wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:46 pm
fedorenko wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 am Hi. I read this guide, but could not understand how can I add cyrilic chars (I want to create ukrainian localization) Can you explain what should I do to create my localization? Thx
I'm Ukrainian as well and wanted to translate this game. Unfortunately it looks like font is a single texture (gfx/font.{bmp,bmq}). One could use transliteration, which is not the best way as it is not used normally anywhere. Ideally game would use real font via SDL_ttf with real fonts and this would be more scalable solution.
The same idea comes to many people. I'm not java dev, and don't understend how provide these changes, but let's wait what answer game's dev, in particular, to your proposal. )
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Tue May 07, 2019 7:47 am

fedorenko wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:30 am
svito wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:46 pm
The same idea comes to many people. I'm not java dev, and don't understend how provide these changes, but let's wait what answer game's dev, in particular, to your proposal. )
It seems I've forgotten to answer this one. The game currently supports the Latin code pages only (through the font.bmp), so only transliteration is possible for non-latin alphabets. We do support a whole bunch of transliteration schemes, but I understand that it can't replace native alphabets of that language.

Use of TTF to support additional character sets is planned, but it's not that simple and comes with its own challenges. Apart from the technical challenges, we also need to find freely licensed fonts that cover the character sets we want. Any suggestions are welcome (but consider opening a new thread).

fedorenko wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:30 am The same idea comes to many people. I'm not java dev, and don't understend how provide these changes
Just for info, RVGL is written in C.