Multiplayer AI

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Marv
Developer

Multiplayer AI

Unread post by Marv » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:06 am

Some people are abusing the gazzasaicar feature to host races with AI controlled cars.
We could provide an option for hosts to add a certain number of AI cars to a session or even fill up empty player slots.
I think it's also somewhat related to the suggestion to support splitscreen network play.
MarraX

Re: Multiplayer AI

Unread post by MarraX » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:23 pm

+1 on this :)
shara--

Unread post by shara-- » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:43 am

for this, there is also the problem of not being able to choose which cars the AI will drive.

Whitedoom's session usually has AI cars with higher classes than what the player is allowed for more challenge, he even has a custom "super-pro" car pack for his AI to use. sometimes, my sessions also have one AI with a specialized custom car that the AI will use.

these options work well enough without technical nor meta/community problems. if we are adding a dedicated multiplayer AI feature, i suggest that we keep the -gazzasaicar option left as is, with the multiplayer AI feature used for people inexperienced in hosting with AI while hosts who want more depth can still use -gazzasaicar.
Vogelrok

Unread post by Vogelrok » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Hmmm,

Maybe you can select the Class to use? After that, the AI may chosse anything inside the class.