A new third intro splash screen

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.

How about to use a image as third loading screen in the next rvgl release?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 14
RV_Passion

A new third intro splash screen

Unread post by RV_Passion » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Last edited by RV_Passion on Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
VaidX47
Administrator

Re: This as third loading Screen

Unread post by VaidX47 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:35 am

Okay, even if we say yes, where exactly?

Intro load uses color box cover art, level loading has blue hue and credits has sepia. But I don't really see where you could use this.
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
RV_Passion

Unread post by RV_Passion » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 pm

I thought to use this as third loading screen if you start the game. It's nothing against the, sometimes buggy Probe UFO, video clip but for me this would fit better to the 2 other loading screens before it.
VaidX47
Administrator

Unread post by VaidX47 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:48 pm

Oh, then it was intro splash screen. These are not considered as loading screens since they can be skipped (with Esc key or -nointro command).
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 pm

VaidX47 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:48 pm Oh, then it was intro splash screen. These are not considered as loading screens since they can be skipped (with Esc key or -nointro command).
Yes, he meant as third intro screen replacing the animated Probe intro.
RV_Passion wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 pm I thought to use this as third loading screen if you start the game. It's nothing against the, sometimes buggy Probe UFO, video clip but for me this would fit better to the 2 other loading screens before it.
I have nothing against the suggestion myself though I'd prefer keeping the animated one. Since you mentioned "sometimes buggy Probe UFO video clip" - it's true that the Probe animation glitches towards the end sometimes, and I discovered why that happens. It's hopefully fixed for the next release.

Other than that, we could consider an ini option or command line to switch between the current animated Probe intro and a simple, static splash screen.
Kipy

Re: A new third intro splash screen

Unread post by Kipy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:57 pm

What if you guys will include it in gallery folder which could be visible in View Gallery panel as well?

Unread post by 607 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Huki wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 pm it's true that the Probe animation glitches towards the end sometimes, and I discovered why that happens. It's hopefully fixed for the next release.
Aw, I really liked that! :P
I didn't know it happened with the stock assets, though (my intro has been edited).