Cutting people off by mandatory Discord

A place for tourneys, competitions and other online racing events.
svito

Cutting people off by mandatory Discord

Unread post by svito » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:02 pm

So I know some people prefer closed platform such as Discord for their communications. This is fine, but I do not wish to join Discord only because I want to play with others. What was wonderful that I could still participate in the community without Discord, like joining races by IPs that were posted on I/O website and participate in discussions on this forum. It would be nice to post IPs on the website before events, if they are not deliberately private. Thank you for understanding.
Wichilie

Re: Cutting people off by mandatory Discord

Unread post by Wichilie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:35 pm

Nearly all "official" sessions already have their IP listed on the event page. Any other sessions advertised on the Discord server are own initiatives, so it's up to the hosts of those sessions to advertise them.
Pretty much any session can be placed on the event page if requested though, so if there are any specific hosts you have in mind, you can ask them to consider contacting the hosting team for that.
URV
Administrator

Re: Cutting people off by mandatory Discord

Unread post by URV » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Indeed, all official events always have the IP addresses posted on the events page, specifically to keep Discord from being a requirement. Unfortunately, this is not always possible with unofficial events, as hosts might not be okay with having their IPs listed publicly in advance, or they might have dynamic IPs, or they simply haven't shared it with us yet. In these cases, we can only list "on Discord" instead of the actual IP, as you might notice with Shara's sessions this week.